CD boots to grub prompts on one PC, and locks solid on another PC
Sad 
I downloaded the Live CD image last night and burned it to a CD this morning.

When I try to boot on my PC I just ends up at a grub prompt. I think this fails because of the multiple drives (Compact flash, USB reader, etc.) that confuses grub - but that's just a guess.

On a second PC I can get to the XBMC menu but if I choose to install to disk, it freezes solid after the screen clears and it it prints Starting up. If I choose to start the Live CD with nVidia drivers the screen clears and then it freezes solid. When frozen, none of the keyboard LEDs will change when I press CAPS LOCK, etc. Alt-Ctrl-Del does not work. No idea why it's failing.

I have a third PC, but the DVD drive is broken so I can't test it there right now. I'm hopefully swapping the drive out today to test the disc.

PC #1 specs:
- E8400 CPE
- 4gig memory
- ATI 4800 video card
- 500gig Seagate SATA HDD
- 400gig Samsung IDE HDD
- 8gig CF card on an IDE converter
- SH-S223L DVDRW drive
- Intel P45 chipset based mainboard (Don't have the model handy at the moment)
- USB memory card reader

PC#2 specs
- 2.6Ghz Northwood P4
- 3gig memory
- nVidia video card (6800 GS I believe)
- 500gig Seagate SATA HDD
- DVDRW drive
- Asus P4C800E Dlx mainboard

Any ideas what is happening and how I can get this working? I really would like to get this installed onto a USB stick and put into use.

Thanks!
I pulled an old Gateway laptop out of the closet and the disc booted fine and I had no problems getting the installation to complete to a USB stick.

Still have some bugs to work out on the other PC's, but at least I know that my disk is OK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CD boots to grub prompts on one PC, and locks solid on another PC0