Innovation Way to Use XBMC in Educational Establishments(XBMC)
Hello Folks,

I am a educator and i am planning to use the XBMC(media centre) in my school. Can someone suggest me the innovative way how can i use it effectively in my classroom setting. I have a lot of video content with me and i just want to manage my content and just want to beam that content towards my target audience.

Pl suggest me some way how can i use this media centre in educational settings.

Pl reply asap. Waiting for a reply from the community members.

Regards
Rupin
You can get a projector for that last part.

Perhaps you could explain a little better what you want.
Well depending on the size of your content you could put your media on a laptop and install XBMC on it. Then scrape or manually add all your content in the XBMC library. In your classroom the library will help yu to see which movies/documentary/etc you already watched with your students and it will allow you to resume where you left of if a movie is longer than a period. If you have several classes with the same material you could use multiple profiles for each class. To show them the material you can hook up your laptop to a beamer or even get a small portable beamer to carry with you if your classroom doesn't provide one.
Thankyou guys for your valuable suggestions.

SCENARIO: How I am planning to use XBMC in traditional classrooms.

I am planning to install the xbmc on my lan server along with my video content and all my classroom machine will be connected with that server along with the interactive whiteboard and projection system. I also want to create the different accounts classwise. Like Class I teacher can acces the content of class I from the libray and similary Class III teacher can access the content of class III from the library. I want that all the classes can access the content from the central server on which the xbmc is installed.

Is this possible. Pl do let me know.

Once again thanks for the valuable suggestions. Waiting for your reply.
The TOC of the library will be like this
  1. Class 1
    • Chapter1[INDENT]
      • Video1
      • Video2
  2. Chapter2
    • Video1
    • Video2
  3. [/INDENT]
  4. Class II
    • Chapter1[INDENT]
      • Video1
      • Video2
  5. Chapter2
    • Video1
    • Video2
  6. [/INDENT]
  7. Class III

I want that class I teacher use his/her password to access the video content for his/her class only. I want to create the login profile for each class so that the teacher of that class just enter there password to access the content on lan. Pl suggest is this thing possible via xbmc.....if not then can u pl suggest some other way to do this.

Waiting for u r reply.

Regards
Rupin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Innovation Way to Use XBMC in Educational Establishments(XBMC)0