Add a new custom genre?
Is it possible to adjust/add a new custom genre e.g. family in to the filter in showmix, if so how?
Genres come from the database you are scraping, ie. TMDB/TVDB. If you want to add genres yourself, you can have XBMC write NFO files to all video folders, and then add your custom genres to those. It's not skin-related.
I'm using ember to scrap and I have also used the genre setting in ember to flag all my kids movies as family, however in showmix the genre type of 'family' does show up so this is why I thought I would need to edit an xml file to set this as a pre-set genre.

I want family as an option as some of my kids movies are annimation some are not and in order to get them all to be displayed under one genre I thought it best to use family??
Any genre a movie has will just appear under genres in XBMC you don't need to do anything, if your movies were already in your library before you used ember to create nfo's with new genre then they wont appear your either have to delete your library and re scrape or refresh every movie with the new genre
>>X<<' Wrote:Any genre a movie has will just appear under genres in XBMC you don't need to do anything, if your movies were already in your library before you used ember to create nfo's with new genre then they wont appear your either have to delete your library and re scrape or refresh every movie with the new genre

I can't seem to delete my library I've removed the source then re-added it I told it to clear and after adding and setting the content it reindexed however the family genre is still not there and it hasn't reset the library as it still shows/has registerd movies I've watched, is there something else I need to do to force the library to be recreated?
DoubleSpeed Wrote:I can't seem to delete my library I've removed the source then re-added it I told it to clear and after adding and setting the content it reindexed however the family genre is still not there and it hasn't reset the library as it still shows/has registerd movies I've watched, is there something else I need to do to force the library to be recreated?

Go into \userdata\Database folder and delete the "MyVideos34.db" your need to set content again on your sources before you scan
DoubleSpeed Wrote:I can't seem to delete my library I've removed the source then re-added it I told it to clear and after adding and setting the content it reindexed however the family genre is still not there and it hasn't reset the library as it still shows/has registerd movies I've watched, is there something else I need to do to force the library to be recreated?

You don't have to delete anything, just go to the movie press "i" and go to reload, after that it will be updated. You can do this for each movie that you scraped with ember.
butchabay Wrote:You don't have to delete anything, just go to the movie press "i" and go to reload, after that it will be updated. You can do this for each movie that you scraped with ember.

Which is exactly what I said in post 4 but if you have loads to do its easier to start from scratch

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a new custom genre?0