Middleware XBMC
Smile 
Hi,

I would like to know if XBMC can act like a middleware for IPTV service provider?

If so, then explain me how please?

Big Grin

Best regard,
Um. Maybe explain a bit more what you mean and what you are looking for.
It depends on what you would like to achieve - what do you want to do?
prae5 Wrote:It depends on what you would like to achieve - what do you want to do?

I want do a middleware server with xbmc for the IPTV network of a service provider.

I want to know if it is possible.
dimnet2000 Wrote:I want do a middleware server with xbmc for the IPTV network of a service provider.

I want to know if it is possible.

If you mean a middleware in the traditional sense, ie. Minerva, Myrio, Evo, MSTV, then no, not without a lot of work. Certainly nothing that could be deployed in a commercial sense.
prae5 Wrote:If you mean a middleware in the traditional sense, ie. Minerva, Myrio, Evo, MSTV, then no, not without a lot of work. Certainly nothing that could be deployed in a commercial sense.

Thank you for your reply.

I have 2 questions:

Is there an open source for middleware other than xbmc?
Firstly, xbmc is not a middleware it is a htpc client. As for opensource middlewares, there are a few i believe - i think openclover is one of them. However, I don't know of any that have any real world deployments with residential customers - nor do i see it happening either. There are far too many barriers that would make this difficult.

A better question might be, what are you trying to accomplish and what kind of deployment?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Middleware XBMC0