Enter / Play = Info View Menu (more like Boxee)?
So does this already work? Or is it the version you guys working on?
The Play/Choose/Info/Resume is already in Dharma, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I love this feature of seeing the info upon clicking enter, but the only thing is, in the video plugins such as youtube, AMTlite, etc, it shows the info as well.

I think it would be much slicker if it only displayed that behavior in movies.

Once again, I love this and don't want to sound ungrateful, but I just care about WAF because it directly affects the mainstream popularity of xbmc.
aptalca Wrote:I love this feature of seeing the info upon clicking enter, but the only thing is, in the video plugins such as youtube, AMTlite, etc, it shows the info as well.

I think it would be much slicker if it only displayed that behavior in movies.

Once again, I love this and don't want to sound ungrateful, but I just care about WAF because it directly affects the mainstream popularity of xbmc.

I never noticed it as I never use video plugins but I can see that the bahaviour is a bit odd there if you get to see the info screen with no real information. This goes in the same direction as the request for separate options for movies and tvshows.

I just had a look at the code for splitting the options for movies and tvshows but I'm not sure how to determine whether a file is a movie or a tvshow using a CFileItem. I could use something like
Code:
if(item->HasVideoInfoTag() && item->GetVideoInfoTag()->m_iEpisode > -1)
but I would like to know if there is a better/cleaner way of doing this? Huh

I will also have a look at ignoring this feature for addons (if this is what you guys want). I'm not sure about introducing yet another option for addons.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
In some addons it makes perfect sense as there's plenty of information available (AMT Lite for instance?)

In other addons there's very little information at all.

Thus, in my opinion it would be up to the plugin to specify in the fileitem whether information is available in some way, just like plugins can already specify what type of content they supply.

@Montellese: You also want to check that it's not a folder (if you haven't already).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:In some addons it makes perfect sense as there's plenty of information available (AMT Lite for instance?)

In other addons there's very little information at all.

Thus, in my opinion it would be up to the plugin to specify in the fileitem whether information is available in some way, just like plugins can already specify what type of content they supply.

That would be the cleanest solution of course.

jmarshall Wrote:@Montellese: You also want to check that it's not a folder (if you haven't already).

Yeah that is already in the existing code otherwise it would always trigger the option on tv shows and seasons.

I posted the patch for an extra option for tv shows on Trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9823
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I think we need to think this through in more detail. 2 separate options (one of which applies to everything other than an episode) is going to lead to k separate options where k increases without bound...

I don't really have any decent solution to it though. Perhaps the issue is that the info dialog is too heavy, and that by either cutting it back or introducing a lighter version (that basicaly enhances the "choose" menu, with a bit more information) we may eleviate the need for further options.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yeah that's exactly what I meant when I said a special behaviour for plugins would require yet another option which I'm totally opposed to. At first I thought even an extra option for tv shows would be too much but after having to go through the info screen for every Big Bang Theory episode I watched yesterday I was so annoyed that I gave it a try.

I couldn't come up with a satisfying solution either but I'll keep thinking about it. An extra tag in the NFO seems to be too much and not everyone uses them...
Would it be possible to define this on source level where you define the content type, what scraper to use etc? Does the "Video addons" source provide these options as well or is it handled in a special way? But then again I don't know how easy it would be to access the per-source-options from within CGUIWindowVideoBase...
Montellese Wrote:But then again I don't know how easy it would be to access the per-source-options from within CGUIWindowVideoBase...

sources are part of the view state so that's easy peasy as such. that being said, i don't think it's the solution.
FYI,

I just noticed that if I set the default action to show info, when I click on a script like AMT, it tries to open its info window, which doesn't exist. So when clicked on, the screen flashes quickly and nothing happens. I thought my AMT script was broken.
on the confluence menu, would it be easier to switch the plot/cast button with the play button on the info screen?
i am using an older nightly that lets me choose info screen or play movie on movie select, which would be perfect if the aforementioned buttons were switched. If i was more experienced, i'd do it myself. Smile
MarioSpeedwagon Wrote:on the confluence menu, would it be easier to switch the plot/cast button with the play button on the info screen?
i am using an older nightly that lets me choose info screen or play movie on movie select, which would be perfect if the aforementioned buttons were switched. If i was more experienced, i'd do it myself. Smile

Agreed, I hope this change makes it to final, otherwise it'll be unusable Sad
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9998

Quote:The Play button should be first and default, instead of the Cast button in the info window.

Problem: If one chooses Show Information by default, every time the user plays a video, the info window comes up with the Cast button by default. The user then has to move selection to Play every time which gets naturally annoying.

Preface: Dharma features a new feature that allows the user to select the default action when playing a movie. Available actions are Play, Resume, Choose, Show Information.
Any update on this feature regarding movie tvshow splitting or preventing addons to behave the same way?

thanks
migueld Wrote:Agreed, I hope this change makes it to final, otherwise it'll be unusable Sad
This is already available in the latest version of the Night skin for example.

aptalca Wrote:Any update on this feature regarding movie tvshow splitting or preventing addons to behave the same way?
Not from my side. We need to figure out a way to handle this properly. Simply adding another setting for tv shows isn't the way to go because then we need another setting for plugins and then another setting for whatever comes next and so on.
I made a suggestion to be able to define this on source level but addons don't have source settings so this won't work either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enter / Play = Info View Menu (more like Boxee)?0