Intel Graphics and Samsung P2350 issue
I have a Lcd Samsung P2350 and an Intel D945GCLF2 motherboard.

The problem is that the refresh of the screen can be seen over dark colours. For example, in XBMC home (Skin Confluence), you can see some horizontal bars going from the top of the screen to the bottom.

To see if the Samsung was failing, I took a screenshot of the desktop in which the bars were visible and copyed that bitmap to my notebook (with Intel Graphics 965). I connected the LCD to my notebook and opened the bitmap there. The bars were still visible.

In that point, I was already thinking in getting an RMA for the LCD BUT... I made the same test on my girlfriend's laptop, which has NVIDIA graphics instead of Intel, and there the screen works perfect.

So I don't really know if this is an issue of Intel graphics regarding big 23' screens, or if it is a Samsung LCDs issue regarding Intel graphic cards.

I use 1920x1080 but I tried with other resolutions and the refresh still can be seen.

Maybe it doesn't look like a big deal, but it's very annoying to see XBMC menues like if it was a TV with a poorly isolated coaxial connection.

Edit: I made all the test with the lcd connected to the same socket so the issue should not be related to thepower supply.

Sorry for posting here. I have no permissions to post in Off-Topic Discussions
This is a video of black screensaver showing the issue.

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/dscn8584.mp4/

Those horizontal lines you see on the video are NOT because of the camera. The lines you see in the video are the same that you can see looking directly to the screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Graphics and Samsung P2350 issue0