Non TheTvDB shows
Question 
Hi guys,

I'm a complete noob to XBMC, this is also my first post on the forum, so sorry if someone has already had this question. I've not been able to find anything to help me with this, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

My problem/question:

I have TV shows that aren't really going to be picked up in any of the TV show scrapers, for example a show released by the BBC on Wine for example, it's 3 episodes.

What I'd like to know is what would I have to do to get this show listed in my TV Shows section of XBMC with info/pictures and so forth. Are there specific files that would need to be in the folder or a specific structure. I can then scan the DVD cover and use that.

If someone can point in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The best thing to do is to pop over to thetvdb.com and add the show there. That way everyone benefits.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That's an idea, I can certainly do that. My currently doing it on TMDB.

But there are certain TV shows, that are once offs, that are recorded and converted to AVI/MP4 to watch later again but these don't necessarily have a DVD.
Add it manually using .NFO files describing the content

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...y#TV_Shows
Big Grin 
Ahhh, thats what I've been looking for.

Thanks a lot for that. Some I can add to TvDB and the others will be local only. Perfect

Thanks
I went round and round with the folks over at thetvdb a couple months ago trying to get some of the Casper cartoons listed on their database. I had entered the information for them three times and each time it went away. Finally got in a conversation with a couple of the mods on the forum who insisted that they they weren't on TV in a show format, I sourced some websites that said they were. By the time they got around to saying "Okay, it was a TV show", I said screw it! and made nfo files for myself so they could be scraped by XBMC. Be sure what you want to enter over there is really a TV series.

Mark
Ahh, bugger, Well I'll give it a go with a couple of DVD's that I have. Most of them are documentaries from the BBC. Bought a whole batch of them while in Singapore. Place was seriously cheap, and yes they were originals :-)

But I do agree though I haven't seen any of these kinds of TV series's at tvDB. If it doesn't work out it's nfo's for me, more work but it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non TheTvDB shows0