Help! Can no longer install xbmc from SVN PPA, get errors!
Sad 
Hi,

I am running Ubuntu Lucid 64 bit on a Zotac Ion systemand up until the other day had the most recent 64 bit XBMC svn installed. Yesterday I tried to to an apt-get update/upgrade and got errors during the update. I removed/purged all XBMC and tried to re-install but am still getting the following errors. I did a search but can't seem to find this specific problem and/or a fix for it. I can't help but wonder if the problem lies on the svn ppa side or an issue on my system??

Here is the error message when doing a apt-get install:

root@media:~# apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-web (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: xbmc-web (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

No matter what I do I can seem to fix the broken packages or dependencies and get the latest svn installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:
Hey mate, my advice would be to learn to compile from trunk and install because the ppa is always borked Shocked . It's what I did and I havn't looked back Nod (Running latest svn from dharma branch on lucid x64)
The build for the latest SVN failed. May try again once it is successful.

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+ar.../+packages
Marvel Wrote:Hey mate, my advice would be to learn to compile from trunk and install because the ppa is always borked Shocked . It's what I did and I havn't looked back Nod (Running latest svn from dharma branch on lucid x64)

I actually did try to compile xbmc yesterday (for the first time) but after starting 'xbmc' it I got an OpenGL rendering error. I tried re-installing the NVIDIA drivers but no luck. I'm in the process of trying to build/compile again today.
You need to completely remove XBMC, then install from the SVN PPA, there are instructions in the PPA sticky
tdw197 Wrote:You need to completely remove XBMC, then install from the SVN PPA, there are instructions in the PPA sticky

One of the first things I did was follow the PPA builds sticky and did a 'remove' and 'purge' of all things XBMC. Unfortunately, it didn't work and I'm not sure where the problem lies. I think I will do a complete fresh install of Ubuntu lucid 64 bit 'minimal' and then a new install of XBMC after that.
Quote:The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:10.08~svn31718-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Did you try:

apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone xbmc-data xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-web

It says that it depends on a file that isnt going to be installed, so then ask apt-get to install it.

Just a thought
wyild1 Wrote:Did you try:

apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone xbmc-data xbmc-skin-confluence xbmc-web

It says that it depends on a file that isnt going to be installed, so then ask apt-get to install it.

Just a thought

Yes, and I tried it again after a complete fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid minimal and it does the same thing. I think the SVN PPA builds are still borked. I'm trying again to compile and build XBMC using the xci.sh script this time.
There is no point in suggesting to remove and reinstall from PPA from scratch, as the builds in the PPAs are currently broken (i386 build has been broken for quite a while and since 2 days ago the AMD64 is also broken). This will hopefully be resolved in the next couple of days - there is a discussion also in the first sticky post in this forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! Can no longer install xbmc from SVN PPA, get errors!0