330HT running Ubuntu LIRC problems!
Hi all,

I've been reading countless threads on how to fix the Remote control but after spending all night last night trying various thread information on fixes it still doesn't work. It used to work, and from what I gather this will have stopped due to an update.

now my main problem is my limited understanding with linux, coming from a windows background, I thought this would be a good time to get to know linux. but I'm definitely falling with some of the assumptions being made on the advice so far.

Whether i've damaged my installation beyond repair is unknown, I hope not, and i'm not at my machine right now, but this is what Ive done.

used GUI (and terminal) version of Package manager to remove LIRC.
installed LIRC 10.4 using GUI (and terminal).
modified hardware.conf , if I change load_modules to false, then it loads ok,but doesn't work. change it to true and it fails to load.
basically Iv'e tried following this thread advice.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72952

now this section.
Quote:3. Install a custom version of lirc-modules-source to remove a patch

$ cd /tmp
$ apt-get source lirc-modules-source
$ sudo apt-get build-dep lirc-modules-source
$ cd /tmp/lirc-0.8.6
$ vi debian/patches/series # remove the lirc_dev-2.6.33.patch line and save
$ debuild
$ sudo dpkg -i ../lirc-modules-source*deb

4. Create updated lirc_wb677 module

$ sudo dkms add -m lirc-nct677x-src -v 1.0.4-ubuntu9.10
$ sudo dkms build -m lirc-nct677x-src -v 1.0.4-ubuntu9.10
$ sudo dkms install -m lirc-nct677x-src -v 1.0.4-ubuntu9.10

(IIRC I had to remove /lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/ubuntu/lirc/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko first. If you get a error that says that version already exists, remove it and then re-run all dkms commands after first using dkmg remove ...)

is where it gets tricky for me. especially the
Quote:$ vi debian/patches/series # remove the lirc_dev-2.6.33.patch line and save
line, when I do this I get an empty "series" file?

I've also removed the
Quote:/lib/modules/2.6.32-21-generic/kernel/ubuntu/lirc/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko
although I have 4 different "2.6.xx-xx" folders so I removed the .ko file from the latest one?

Should I be concentrating on the 9.1 driver version? I've tried both, and neither appear to work. I assume the latest would offer the most benefit.

any help greatly appreciated...

p.s. The remote is able to turn on the ION box, but thats as much life as I get out of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
330HT running Ubuntu LIRC problems!0