Compile XBMC Dharma on Lucid
jason32835 Wrote:Try adding:

Code:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

to your sources.list directly...

Well that worked and installed some more packages but I am still getting the same error when trying to compile.
Phantisy Wrote:I have done that before but when I try to "sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
" I get "E: Unable to find a source package for xbmc"
I had the same problem. Manually edit the sources.list solved it thanks jason32835.
Phantisy Wrote:Well that worked and installed some more packages but I am still getting the same error when trying to compile.

Hmm.. I had similar trouble, but can't recreate the problem on my test system.

What do you get when you try this?

Code:
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx
jason32835 Wrote:Hmm.. I had similar trouble, but can't recreate the problem on my test system.

What do you get when you try this?

Code:
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libgl1-mesa-dev is already the newest version.
libgl1-mesa-glx is already the newest version.
libgl1-mesa-glx set to manually installed.

I originally installed all the packages using apt-get one line at a time from the README.linux file because "sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc" never worked for me. Maybe it installed a different version of the packages doing it that way?
Code:
checking for main in -lGL... no

I've had that error many times to Nod (also the one that follows -lGLW... no , something like that)

From what I have read it's something the graphics driver installs.

I cant just remember which solution fixes which error but give them a go.

try installing the libglew packages i.e libglew1.5-dev libglew1.5

Or reinstall your nvidia driver i use the .run package and during install choose the option to install 32bit opengl libaries. (I think this fixes a system link problem, I'm sure the problem lies with the libgl.so files)

Hope that lot makes sense hahaha
Just found this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77889 and as I suspected it's the libgl file.

Here is a snip from the other thread

Quote::: On my installation there was a missing simlink that caused the compilation to fail. The following fixed this (*256.35 is the NVIDIA driver version I'm using; change to whatever version you are using)

sudo ln -fs /usr/lib/libGL.so.256.35 /usr/lib/libGL.so

P.s X3 I dunno why you cant compile on a minimal install mate, I kid you not it's working here.
Marvel Wrote:
Code:
checking for main in -lGL... no

I've had that error many times to Nod (also the one that follows -lGLW... no , something like that)

From what I have read it's something the graphics driver installs.

I cant just remember which solution fixes which error but give them a go.

try installing the libglew packages i.e libglew1.5-dev libglew1.5

Or reinstall your nvidia driver i use the .run package and during install choose the option to install 32bit opengl libaries. (I think this fixes a system link problem, I'm sure the problem lies with the libgl.so files)

Hope that lot makes sense hahaha

I installed the 32bit binaries during the install and I have libglew installed. It makes sense but doesnt help lol..... I will reinstall the nvidia drivers just to be sure.
Read this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77889

theres something about the libgl.so on that post that will prolly fix it for ya.

sudo ln -fs /usr/lib/libGL.so.256.35 /usr/lib/libGL.so
Actually I got it working. Earlier I installed the nvidia drivers with the command
Code:
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35.run -k $(uname -r)
because of some errors and that was the only way to get it installed. Seems after installing all the build-dep for xbmc and reinstalling my nvidia drivers with the normal command
Code:
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-256.35.run
everything is not working fine. All I needed to compile for was to get the python24.zip file for the scripts to work correctly lol.
Phantisy Wrote:everything is not working fine. All I needed to compile for was to get the python24.zip file for the scripts to work correctly lol.

You got it compiled?
jason32835 Wrote:You got it compiled?

Yes, now my "addons" are working right.

EDIT: I have been using the pre-compiled packages but there are errors with the pre-compiled python24.zip so I used xbmc to compile ones for my x64 system.
So would it be safe to say that the best way to go is install xbmc-live from the PPA first, then compile source with ./configure --prefix=/usr? Is that how everyone is doing it?
Eh no, that's not how I do it :-)

I got a Lucid 64bit default installation, installed the deps from Readme.Ubuntu, and then simply compile xbmc from svn. No problems at all here. Simple as that.

boba
boba23 Wrote:Eh no, that's not how I do it :-)

I got a Lucid 64bit default installation, installed the deps from Readme.Ubuntu, and then simply compile xbmc from svn. No problems at all here. Simple as that.

boba

How do you get xbmc to autostart on boot? (or do you?) I'm doing a minimal install that boots directly to xbmc.. so that might be why I'm doing it the way I am.
I just install from PPA but I used the source to compile to python24.zip. I dont install from the source compile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile XBMC Dharma on Lucid0