Best Media Manager for TV Shows?
Hey yall,

i've been looking around through the different media managers over the last couple of weeks and there is some real excellent stuff out there. One problem i run into though is that i can't find one that's really good for tv-shows. I've tried several, but somehow none of them is able to grab all the shows i have on my NAS. My directory setup is pretty basic:

Show name\season.xx\episode (folder)\(rarred) media files

I'm using mostly "scene" releases, so i can understand if some filenames are a bit quirky and aren't picked up, but the episode folder names always have a sXXeXX or XxXX layout for season and episode.

Now i was wondering if the collected genius that is here can show me in the direction of a media manager that is able to pick these up (meaning look at foldername for episode information), or if that's not possible, maybe there's an app out there that will just let me create .nfo files for manually selected shows / seasons / episodes.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.
Kind regards,
Phil
Try "TV Rename"
Ember Media Manager
isamu.dragon Wrote:Ember Media Manager

I am using Ember at the moment, but it's got some definite flaws when it comes to tv shows. For example it doesn't explore the complete folder tree under tv-shows, so stuff like series\grand.designs\season.06\Grand.Designs.S06E01.Underground.House.DVDRip.XviD-aAF\aaf-grand.designs.s06e01.dvdrip.rar won't get picked up, because it's a level too deep for ember.

I'm hoping developers will pick up on this because otherwise it's a great program.
PBoD Wrote:Try "TV Rename"

I'll have a look, but i don't think it really does what i'm asking for. I don't want to rename my files, i'm happy the way things are. I definitely don't want to unpack a couple of 100 episodes, so i have .avi's. I love the feature that XBMC plays directly from .rar, it's one of the main reasons i use it. But thanks for the suggestion.
rimster Wrote:I am using Ember at the moment, but it's got some definite flaws when it comes to tv shows. For example it doesn't explore the complete folder tree under tv-shows, so stuff like series\grand.designs\season.06\Grand.Designs.S06E01.Underground.House.DVDRip.XviD-aAF\aaf-grand.designs.s06e01.dvdrip.rar won't get picked up, because it's a level too deep for ember.

I'm hoping developers will pick up on this because otherwise it's a great program.

Couldn't this issue be solved simply by not storing the episodes within their own folders? I don't really see a valid reason to store it like that anyway.
YodaEXE Wrote:Couldn't this issue be solved simply by not storing the episodes within their own folders? I don't really see a valid reason to store it like that anyway.

Well about 90% of my episodes are split over .rar files. This way it just keeps things a lot tidier. I Guess i could move them up a level, but that's gonna make it quite messy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Media Manager for TV Shows?0