• 3(current)
Ultimote - unofficial third-part XBMC remote for iPad
Bongu Wrote:I was able to connect and can now move the cursor and control XBMC but it doesn't download any movies or tv shows. I'm not sure if this is the problem but I don't use XBMC to scrape but instead use Ember Media Manager. Is that issue?

Sorry for the late reply, been kinda busy. Do you know what type of database EMM uses? Does it overwrite XBMCs database file?
zepfan Wrote:I have to do this too. My other problems are:

No plot info on tv episodes. It just displays the title. Not a big deal.

Only downloads about half of the movie covers. I can't figure out why. All same size and format.

My media is scraped through media companion on virtual box in mythbuntu 10.04 x64. I use the default special address to database.

Any tips?

Can you see the plot info in XBMC?
Are youre movies rar'ed or not?
Does every movie have its own folder, or do you have a bunch of movies in one folder?
haxman Wrote:Hi there,

I like the look of the app it has alot of potential.

I personally think the interface needs to be tighter and have a small redesign. Perhaps check out the Ipod XBMC remote app. (the paid one not the free one).

Also is it possible or are you planning to implement direct video streaming to the ipad through transcoding or something like that?

Thx.
Well, I have thought about streaming, but I don't think it will be a feature in Ultimote anytime soon.
MrAndersson Wrote:Sorry for the late reply, been kinda busy. Do you know what type of database EMM uses? Does it overwrite XBMCs database file?

I don't believe so but I'm not an expert. I think it just saves an Nfo for each movie as well as picture files which XBMC looks for.
Are you looking into the "no database found" every time you open the database ? have to go to setting then save the setting then it will work again.
MrAndersson Wrote:Sorry for the late reply, been kinda busy. Do you know what type of database EMM uses? Does it overwrite XBMCs database file?

No the problem is the way xbmc works..

They are not using the library at all, just using xbmc's builtin auto reading of thumbnails/metadata for media and not understanding that its not actually in the database at all..

All they should have to do is make sure each folder is set for *NO* scraping (assuming external media managment) and then "scan for new content" xbmc will go ahead and add the show/movie info to the database without changing anything.
Bongu Wrote:I don't believe so but I'm not an expert. I think it just saves an Nfo for each movie as well as picture files which XBMC looks for.

Yes just make sure you have no scraper set for the folders in question (root of the share is fine)

open context menu, choose "scan for new content" this will force xbmc to read all those .tbn and .nfo files into the database and that will let this and the rest of the remotes that use this api to show the show info.

NOTE THIS WILL NOT CHANGE OR MODIFY THE EXTERNAL MEDIA MANAGER TAGS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.. it merely forces XBMC to save the data its already displaying when you look at folders automatically
gorgeth Wrote:Yes just make sure you have no scraper set for the folders in question (root of the share is fine)

open context menu, choose "scan for new content" this will force xbmc to read all those .tbn and .nfo files into the database and that will let this and the rest of the remotes that use this api to show the show info.

You can't scan for new content unless you set content. You cant set content without a scraper. I am pretty sure.
gorgeth Wrote:Yes just make sure you have no scraper set for the folders in question (root of the share is fine)

NOTE THIS WILL NOT CHANGE OR MODIFY THE EXTERNAL MEDIA MANAGER TAGS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.. it merely forces XBMC to save the data its already displaying when you look at folders automatically

This doesn't work. If I choose No Scraper for the folder, I don't get the choice to scan for new content in the context menu.
Bongu Wrote:This doesn't work. If I choose No Scraper for the folder, I don't get the choice to scan for new content in the context menu.

The only way to scrape the nfo is with a scraper assigned. I use the IMDB scraper and it picks up all my .nfo, etc. just fine. I believe that TMDB will pick them up as well, but I would use IMDB to be safe.
I rescraped with IMDB (set my scraper to None and then back to IMDB) and still no luck. When I hit Sync with computer I get a progress bar and quickly it says done but if I go to Movies it says No Movies.

I've tried both the default path and typed in C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

PC is the name of my account and I'm using Win7. Any ideas?

I tried it with C:\\ and C:\
What i did was make a second xbmc profile to test out settings. That way you don't mess up things you use.
Bongu Wrote:I rescraped with IMDB (set my scraper to None and then back to IMDB) and still no luck. When I hit Sync with computer I get a progress bar and quickly it says done but if I go to Movies it says No Movies.

I've tried both the default path and typed in C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

PC is the name of my account and I'm using Win7. Any ideas?

I tried it with C:\\ and C:\

Have you tried leaving it as default?
MrAndersson Wrote:Can you see the plot info in XBMC?
Are youre movies rar'ed or not?
Does every movie have its own folder, or do you have a bunch of movies in one folder?

Sorry I didn't notice you replied!
Yes i have plot info,
Movies are not rar'd.
Every movies has it's own folder.

All of my media info is scrapped through media companion in virtual box (win7). Movie info is fine.
zepfan Wrote:Have you tried leaving it as default?

Yes, also no luck.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultimote - unofficial third-part XBMC remote for iPad0