Videos Buffer Over Wireless - Not a Bandwidth Issue
I have two XBMC instances in my parent's home. One is physically connected to the network and has no issues playing the videos on my NAS. The other is connected via a wireless client bridge with two DDWRT Linksys WAPs on either side of the wireless gap.

When I try to playback videos over the Windows SMB share on my NAS after about 40 minutes into the video the wireless traffic (both send and receive) drops to nothing. It looks as though the xbox just stops requesting data over the wireless. Then for anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds the video either freezes or the video freezes with a buffering notification in the top right corner. After the 5 - 30 seconds the video resumes. The first freeze happens 40 minutes into it but they increase in frequency seemingly on a exponential curve. The second freeze happens 15 minutes after the first and they increase until the video is over (or it just stops entirely). The log file I attached contains playback info for buffering that ultimately started happening every 2 minutes or so and then finally crashed before the video could finish. If I stop and restart the video the freezing doesn't restart at 40 minutes and all videos have the same issue. Here is a pastebin of my log for the relevant times: http://pastebin.com/spam.php?i=yysSTDaF

And here is a screenshot of the wireless bandwidth activity on my WAP: http://cid-1b12e1d49e164668.office.live....dwidth.PNG

It is a screenshot from the WAP on the wired network side so the green line indicates traffic from XBMC and the red line indicates traffic to XBMC. As you can see XBMC just stops sending anything and nothing comes back during that time either.

I did see that I was getting an Invalid Computer Name error as well but switching to the IP address for the SMB share didn't seem to help.
Unless you can reproduce this on one of the platforms we support, you'll have to take your report to xbmc4xbox.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Buffer Over Wireless - Not a Bandwidth Issue0