XBMC freezes when shutting down
SVN 31996 and Aero65 skin

More times than not, XBMC won't shutdown when I hit Shutdown. The window stays up but is unresponsive leaving me to kill the task or close the program when prompted by Windows. I even have gone as far as to make a kill task batch file and map it to a button on my Harmony.

Log file
http://pastebin.com/puuZRgnp

Thanks
Try turning off the HTTP server to see if the 'hangs' go away. Ever since I enabled the HTTP server (for my Imon LCD) is when I noticed the issue. Disabling that feature made XBMC more stable for me.
I had this problem, when I was using older version of EventGhost. If you are using EventGhost, try to reinstall new version.
Thanks for the replies.

I turned off HTTP server (I use it for XBMC remote for iPhone) but it still did it.

I don't use EventGhost, I use Intelliremote. But even using the keyboard makes it happen.

I tried the original Aeon65 skin (am currently using the new Aeon65 Dharma-compatible) and it still happens.

Huh
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
I am still having shutdown issues for some reason. Here is another debug log.

I uninstalled a previous SVN for a newer build, 32416 Dharma but it still happens.

http://pastebin.com/GL1dHkmn

Here is a log of a successful shutdown for comparison.
http://pastebin.com/wJhxyHpj

Thanks for any assistance!
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Just to let you know you're not alone. I've been witnessing similar shutdown issues in the last 2 builds. Though yours appear to be constant, mine are random. Currently downloading r32453 see if the behaviour continues.
steelman1991 Wrote:Just to let you know you're not alone. I've been witnessing similar shutdown issues in the last 2 builds. Though yours appear to be constant, mine are random. Currently downloading r32453 see if the behaviour continues.

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear its not only me. Occasionally it does shut down without issues, and occasionally it may take 1-2 minutes to shut down if I give it time. But I say it freezes 50% of the time or more.

Yip that's the behaviour pattern (if there is one) that I see. No similarity in builds, therefore no common thread (Win7 x86, ATI HD5450, r32416 Dharma, Confluence).
disable the "recently added" script in the skin settings and see if it helps.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I had it happen most of the time with Camelot and EventGhost on Vista. It was especially bad if the system had been suspended at some point before quitting. I've now switched to r32268 and Intelliremote on Win7 and it's totally stopped. Not sure which (if any) of these changes helped though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezes when shutting down0