Infinitec
Infinitec has a product coming out on August 31st that sounds like it could have some very useful implications for streaming content. It is a dual flash drive. I know it sounds weird and I will end up messing up the explanation but check out the website and especially look at the videos. Basically you set up a flash drive that is paired one to one to a specific laptop or desktop and it takes over the control of your wireless card. By doing this it then allows you to take the dongle out of the host computer and put it in another one and gives them a direct connection through the wireless card. The great thing though is that it still allows the host to connect to the Internet so you can have two connections going. The second computer has the dongle on it has access to folders that you have set up on it but nothing is stored locally on the drive it is all sent back to your host computer. Thought people might be interested. I have put one on pre-order as I really thing it could have some good uses. Thanks.

http://infinitec.com/
I have only skimmed the specs, but maybe i'm missing something. What is the point of this device?

What practical usage does it have in the context of xbmc/htpc's? I don't see what it does that a standard windows/cifs/smb/nfs/etc... share doesn't do (and for free)....?

What am I missing?
Well in my instance it allows me to be able to connect my with xbmc to my media server for streaming when im not at my htpc as I have two networks running one with internet and one with media server.

The other positive I can see is that since it is a dedicated one to one relationship it should allow for better signal and transmission speeds making higher quality easier to stream with out wires.

Thats just my use of it though. I figure others might be able to find other uses for it. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Infinitec0