XBMC is exiting for a very long time
Code:
1306.17:45:46 T:4984 M:2801557504   DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.Shutdown()
1307.17:45:46 T:1924 M:2801348608   DEBUG: Thread 1924 terminating (autodelete)
1308.17:45:46 T:1776 M:2801369088   DEBUG: Thread 1776 terminating (autodelete)
1309.17:46:06 T:3984 M:2799951872   DEBUG: Thread 3984 terminating (autodelete)
1310.17:46:06 T:4984 M:2799951872   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: ApplicationStop from xbmc
hmm looks like it takes quite a long time for thread 1776 (Weather) to kill ... Maybe disable weather information Huh
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
waltermalter Wrote:@Brad: THX for the suggestion. I'll give that a try tonight. Will keep you informed.

Cheers,
Walter

No problem. My guisettings file had much extra stuff in there from other skin settings etc. I got the idea from another thread somewhere. Only downside is you have to redo your settings for your skin of choice. Let us know what happens.
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
@Brad: I tried your suggestion yesterday evening. First it seems to be a success. Leaving XBMC worked as designed and everything looks good. Unfortunately, after configuring all my settings again (incl. weather), the problem returns Sad

So it must be something in the settings ... right now, I did not find the time to investigate in this. Maybe I can find some time next Weekend ...

Cheers,
Walter
waltermalter Wrote:@Brad: I tried your suggestion yesterday evening. First it seems to be a success. Leaving XBMC worked as designed and everything looks good. Unfortunately, after configuring all my settings again (incl. weather), the problem returns Sad

So it must be something in the settings ... right now, I did not find the time to investigate in this. Maybe I can find some time next Weekend ...

Cheers,
Walter

I use Aeon65 skin and I also disabled views I was not using such as Multiwall, Wall, etc etc. If you are using a different skin, I'm not sure if such settings exist. it is under Settings, Appearance (I think), Media Browser.

Either way, it seems you are on the right track. Keep us posted on any further results
Desktop / Media Server: Win10 x64, ThermalTake Commander G42 case, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Intel Core i5 4460 3.20GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX750, CM M 1000w, 8GB GSkill, Samsung SSD 840 Pro 120GB, 2x WD Black 1TB RAID 1, WD 6TB + WD 4TB spanned, single 3TB

Intel NUC with Openelec in TV room.
I guess that the problem for this long exiting time is ADD-ON update for XBMC plugins. I suspect it as when I go through all this procedure. Movie finishing - then HDD activity comes in - it takes about 30s and then stops - and right after that in the lover right corner an information about new available add-ons comes on. I think we should look for the solution in this direction and maybe for start disable this automatic option for online checking for new XBMC add-ons.
Just to mention that I have automatic update for add-ons disabled in my system settings. I believe this option when it is enabled not only check for new updates but also downloads new versions of the addons.

best, d.
Brad P Wrote:I rebuilt my guisettings.xml file and it actually made a big difference. Since then XBMC shuts down in 1-2 seconds.

what did you change on guisettings.xml?

My xbmc shut down after viewing SD is 1-2seconds, too. Shut down after viewing HD -> it doesn't shut down Sad ... my "Workaround" to "shut down" ist to start the Webserver (=> xbmc crashed -> Win7-UAC-Problem) Sad

When i view HD and would shut down (standby) the HTPC, i have many problems after wake-up ... blackscreen ... alt-tab don't work, ctrl-alt-del not work instantly Sad [... keyboard, mouse on HTPC .....]

I use Dharma-Builds.
Brad P Wrote:I use Aeon65 skin and I also disabled views I was not using such as Multiwall, Wall, etc etc. If you are using a different skin, I'm not sure if such settings exist. it is under Settings, Appearance (I think), Media Browser.

Either way, it seems you are on the right track. Keep us posted on any further results

I agree with delfincek. Deleting the guisettings.xml file and building everything new definitely helped a lot. Regardless of whether I've watched SD or HD material the exit works usually fine. It ssems that this is true, unless the systems scans for new updates of the Add-Ons. If it scans (or finds) updates and I'm trying to leave XBMC the process hangs.

Cheers,
Walter
True. I can give some more observations here. This problem with long exiting time is performed once per day. Usually the first time I use XBMC during a day and right after the movie I watched is finished. Direct correlation with ADD-ON update is highly possible here.

My Recommendation: To completely disable automatic online update scan when automatic ADD-ON update is disabled. At the moment when ADD-ON update is disabled online check for updates is still performed.

Question: Is this possible with some xml tweak or only by new coding?

best, d.
I completly uninstalled previous version of dharma Xbmc. I also completely deleted folder located (WIN7) in C:\Users\computer_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and then installed a new version of dharma.
Exiting is now working normal.

Every day I installed additional add-on. First day Apple movie trailers Lite and second Shoutcast add-on and all is still normal when you want to close Xbmc. Will see if this problem is somehow connected with particular add-on or just a completely fresh install helped to cure the problem.

Best, d.
delfincek Wrote:I completly uninstalled previous version of dharma Xbmc. I also completely deleted folder located (WIN7) in C:\Users\computer_name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC and then installed a new version of dharma.
Exiting is now working normal.

Every day I installed additional add-on. First day Apple movie trailers Lite and second Shoutcast add-on and all is still normal when you want to close Xbmc. Will see if this problem is somehow connected with particular add-on or just a completely fresh install helped to cure the problem.

Best, d.

Great way to approach it! One by one that is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is exiting for a very long time0