XBMC Dharma on lucid crash, probably my fault
Hi all,
I'm in need of some help here. I am using Dharma on a new miniman lucid install. All works fine, except it's very unstable when using the subtitles addons. What happens is when I chose the subtitles icon while watching an avi, it goes to pause and, sometimes, right before showing the script window, it crashes. It seems that if I let the movie go a little while before trying to access the script, it goes well. Seems to me the movie slows down a bit before xbmc crashes out.
I suspect a problem on my side because I ran the exact same install from another pc and I'm unable to replicate the problem. Still, the first box is my multimedia box and I must debug it somehow.
Here's the link to the gdb backtrace:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6SfVSDQp

Thanks to all looking.

EDIT: the two machines have also another difference: the bugged one is running the install from a usb key with casper. The other one has the real filesystem running from an actual HD, so full r/w.

EDIT2: more proof xbmc is not reponsible: I run the same svn revision on another casper running install on the same machine, just using karmic instead of lucid. Doesn't happen there. Pity, because lucid starts way faster...
your backtrace doesn't seem to show a crash
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hm that's strange. XBMC crashed as I had the message on my console. More, I used gdb with the core file it produced... What else should I do?
More info:

this is what I get in the terminal:

Quote:xbmc@xbmc:~$ xbmc
Running DIL (0.9.25) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed
ALSA lib pcm.c:7245Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
ALSA lib pcm.c:7245Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occured
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Crash report available at /home/xbmc/xbmc_crashlog-20100817_163545.log

Seems to me it crashed, right?
Those are both the xbmc produced crash log and the gdb output:

http://discoremoto.cheapnet.it/papaf/gdb.out
http://discoremoto.cheapnet.it/papaf/xbm...163545.log

Thanks again for looking into this!
Upgrade again. There were some SSL dependencies removed and then readded yesterday (for python) and your crash looks to be in python when loading ssl.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks. Sorry for being a little thick, but you mean upgrade my dharma svn or my lucid system?
Xbmc
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks. Will do in the weekend and report back.
Surely enough, it now works without a glitch. Thanks for the really good work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Dharma on lucid crash, probably my fault0