Stereoscopic Side-by-Side Video working fine in XBMC on ION!
Rainbow 
I just downloaded a 30Gb ESPN Capture of the World Cup Final and it plays perfectly on my Zotac Mag through a Panasonic P50VT 3D Plasma.

I just though I'd share that as I'm sure there's going to be a lot more 3D content and questions coming up soon.

Nerd
Resolution? Because I tried 3840x1080 and it was dropping lots of frames (using old XBMC version from February though)

Is the MAG a ION nettop?
yip, it's a nettop - I also have a Revo and an Asrock to test it on later (with different builds)

I'll check the resolution what I get home this evening.

There's also a Mercedes Classic Cars clip (1080i IIRC) that's doing the rounds, it also played fine.
So the video is encoded with both images side by side and the tv makes that into a 3d image?
yip - and a damn good job it makes of it too.

The guys at http://www.biohemmet.se/ have also developed a free app that takes current Blu-ray 3D format and turns in into side-by-side format.

Oooh, I see there's some content with tits now, expect a quick 3D take up ;-)
The World Cup rip was :

Duration : 3h 46mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 17.0 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 20.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.274
Stream size : 27.0 GiB (94%)

I've not tried any 3840x1080 stuff yet and I doubt it will work unless there's some ffmpeg code to support it - time will tell
Side by side, meaning the stuff that you have to cross your eyes to see? I don't see why it wouldn't play, but still pretty cool. Thanks! Downloading one of the sample videos now.
not really, side-by-side is interpreted buy the 3D TV which then switches the 3D glasses between each frame- so you get half the full HD horizontal resolution. It's impressivd, esp considering the current lack of 3D content.

I think I should be able to capture some 3D .TS streams on my dreambox 7025s (which cannot decode 1080 natively) and then play them back on xbmc (or even stream them).
3840x1080 won't bring a benefit here unless the tv supports that resolution on the hdmi input.
Anastrophe Wrote:not really

Oh. Just to be sure, I downloaded the tits3-lr.avi sample. I crossed my eyes, saw 3 Russian chicks in lingerie... and the middle one was in 3D!
NotShorty Wrote:Oh. Just to be sure, I downloaded the tits3-lr.avi sample. I crossed my eyes, saw 3 Russian chicks in lingerie... and the middle one was in 3D!

AHHHHHH, useless without a picture Smile
bobo1on1 Wrote:3840x1080 won't bring a benefit here unless the tv supports that resolution on the hdmi input.

That's what the Blu-Ray 3D format pumps out for modern 2010 3D TVs, the screen then switches between two full res frames (rather than the side-by-side format)
There are two possibilities. Either the TV receives 120 hz signal where each frame is sent alternating at normal full HD resolution (1920x1080), or the signal is sent as normal 24 hz where both images are side-by-by side. TV should be able to except a half res image (horizontal) at 1920x1080 which would then give two images at 960x1080 or accept full res at 3840x1080.

I tried to decode 3840x1080 on a XBMC build from februrary and while it works (image is displayed correctly), there are too many drops for it to work on an ION box. I doubt it has the potential to decode this much info but please prove me wrong Wink
The TV was an old plasma at 1024x768 and XBMC is set to output 1920x1080p24 to it.

I will be getting a 3D set next week and then I will do more testing
Hello All! Just joined today as our Sony 34KDXBR960 finally gave up the ghost and we ended up purchasing a Sony XBR52LX900 3D LED Flat Panel TV. To test the 3D capabilities I purchased a copy of the Official 3D World Cup 2010 Blu-ray and I was in awe!

I just wanted to ask Anastrophe or anyone in this forum as to how I could go about obtaining a copy of the 30Gb ESPN 3D Capture of the World Cup Final. I would pay to see this game in glorious 3D.

Thank you so much to those who reply!
Anastrophe Wrote:I just downloaded a 30Gb ESPN Capture of the World Cup Final and it plays perfectly on my Zotac Mag through a Panasonic P50VT 3D Plasma.

I just though I'd share that as I'm sure there's going to be a lot more 3D content and questions coming up soon.

Nerd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic Side-by-Side Video working fine in XBMC on ION!0