Judderinfg and Stuttering Video
I seem to be getting juddering video and no sound out of my system.

The HTPC is connected to the Amp which in turn gives out the sound. I can hear sounds when loading XBMC and doing things in Windows but there is no sound coming out on non-2.0 files. So TV downloads play fine but most of my movies do not. These movies also can't play properly and stutter along.

The video file plays perfectly elsewhere including Media Player Classic

Please help.

http://pastebin.com/xPKYxd46

Thanks
I would really appreciate it if someone could help as the system is currently unusable for good quality video and sound
did you turn dxva on?

I also noticed your desktop refresh rate is 59Hz??
aptalca Wrote:did you turn dxva on?

I also noticed your desktop refresh rate is 59Hz??

Yes it is on and my TV is a full 1080p TV that runs at 50 or 60hz (automatically adjusts)
Have yo disabled "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"?
If not try to disable and seen if that helps ...
Set render method to "Auto detect"

Cheers,
Walter
There's some problem with the audio, and that's also making the video stutter.
bobo1on1 Wrote:There's some problem with the audio, and that's also making the video stutter.

Any idea how to fix, the sound is coming from the onboard card that has HDMI, this in turn is connected to the AMP (Sony HTDDW880 6.1ch system) into one of the HDMI ports, this then feeds to the TV. Files with 2.0 sounds are fine but others are not and there is no sound coming through. I have installed ffdshow and not sure if I should change any of the settings to make it work. Also in XBMC, the sound option is set to HDMI, 5.1, and all the different sounds are set to on except for the final three
Try turning off ac3 and dts capable receiver.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Try turning off ac3 and dts capable receiver.

Many thanks, this seems to have solved it and the video file is playing as normal and with sound, albeit through the TV and none 5.1 soundtracks.

Umm...Anyway around it so that I can play the sound file as normal.
Must be some setting on the amplifier if it's passing the sound to the tv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Judderinfg and Stuttering Video0