Philips Pronto PRO and XBMC
Is it possible to get different hooks for different types of wake-ups?
Or check a state somewhere to see if it was a user action that woke it up or if it was just the self waking timeout action?
If it isn't currently possible maybe it would be possible to convince Philips to include such information in a future update, I'm sure a lot of custom installers would be happy if it got included and it should be a cakewalk for Philips to implement.

A quick solution for me, only counting the music wishes, would of course be to buy a Squeezebox but I don't want to add another player in the middle, I would like to use the HTPC as the player, via XBMC or MediaPortal, and then simply send the audio straight from the HTPC to the preprocessor.
LOLZ!

I just put up a NEW/UNUSED Pronto 9600 on Ebay.

Maybe I should hang on to it a little while longer. Big Grin
barrygordon Wrote:The secret of buying a philips Pronto PRO is eBay. Often there at a very reduced price when someone who bought one figures out it is beyond their ability. Right now there is one at auction with the bid up to $365.

I dont think I have EVER seen a USED one go for less than $ 500.

The plus about getting a NEW one with a warranty card (even from Ebay) is that it can be REGISTERED at Phillips for a full warranty.

In any event, these remotes are definately NOT for DIY'ers.
CanadaPhil Wrote:In any event, these remotes are definately NOT for DIY'ers.
I disagree, with Pronto Edit Pro 1.1 and IR. For PEP 2.x and WiFi, perhaps Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ragman, Squeezeserver does not require a hardware player. There is a software based player whose quality is completely dependent on the quality of the audio system on the PC it is running on. If the PC can drive a high quality Audio system over S/PDIF then you do not need an auxiliary pl;ayer.

If the audio system is not going to be receiving analog then the soft player is as good as the $2000 transporter. You can try out music on the Squeeze system with no $$ investment just time.

CanadaPhil, with regard to DIY'ers it is a learning experience. If you can write code as opposed to "program a remote" then the Pronto Pro is a thing of Beauty. If you can't write code then "Harmonize".
barrygordon Wrote:Ragman, Squeezeserver does not require a hardware player. There is a software based player whose quality is completely dependent on the quality of the audio system on the PC it is running on. If the PC can drive a high quality Audio system over S/PDIF then you do not need an auxiliary player.
Yea so I've heard now, softsqueeze right?
Will most certainly look into it and give it a spin, at least it would solve the immidiate issue for music Smile
Then all we need is the same support for video of various sorts and get it all integrated in xbmc/MP/other to get it all within the same media controller.
Thanks for all your answers btw.
Yes, softsqueeze, although the current version might be referred to as softPlayer. Also the software player does not have to be on the same box as the server or the music.

In the SQueeze architecture all players real or virtual are slaves of the server so all control is through the server which makes it very nice. The Pronto app only talks to the server and "discovers" the players, by interrogating the server (no uPnP). All conytrol systems talk to the server, never to the players.

I know that several individuals have moved their Music server (Squeezbox Server) to the same server they are running thier NAS on. They are all using unRaid by Lime Technology (as I am) as their NAS system. They like it that way as it puts the music files and the server system on the same device. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
Barry could you please tell us if and when do you plan to sell this product I would really much appreciate this.
Thanks Regards,
skouthon,

A lot of time has passed since the prior post. I had Open heart Surgery on 2/1/11 and am doing fine.

Which specific product are you referring to. The Pronto version of the Controller for Squeezeplayer has been for sale for about three years. It costs $29.95. I have not updated it in almost 2 years but it still works fine with the current version of the squeeze server. Drop me an email (see my profile) and I will send you more info.

There is also a version, not written by me, for the iPad/iPod Touch which is very nice. Just look for iPeng at the Itunes app store.

If you are looking for code for a Pronto PRO to control XBMC let me know. I have not finished it ( all the basics are there and if you know how to program in Prontoscript it can easily enhanced since it is not obfuscated). In fact, a working version is on my web site as the "Pronto Theater Application". It was written more as a teaching app and assume you can deal with Prontoscript (javascript) on the Pronto PRO.
The code for a pronto Pro to control XBMC is on my web site http://www.the-gordons.net. Downloads page, pronto area, theater entry. It is the source but not complete. It was written as a tutorial on how to write such code. nmIt has a handler for the Dune player also. Yiu are welcome tp download it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips Pronto PRO and XBMC0