xbmc caching his own cached images when called
i'm working on a script that end with displaying the picture of tvshows in my library, my code is calculation the crc to get the path of the cached xbmc picture, it display good.

now if i change the cached image (same name but different content) my code still display the old image, after getting in texture.db, i've seen an image with the cached thumb path in url, xbmc has cached his own cached image! Rofl

is there a way to prevent that ?
That's not necessarily a problem, depending on what path the image has.

Please be _very_ specific of the exact steps you are doing and the result of each one.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

after thinking of it, you're right, that's not really a problem, as the first cached thumb will be refresh be the original, and the second cached thumb will be refreshed by the first cached.

sorry !
Still, depending on what you're doing, there still may be an issue. Please do outline exactly what you're doing, what thumb paths are being generated and so on.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i'll try to make a report tomorow, i've just submitted to official repo the script with which i've found that.
sorry for the late report jmarshall, here's the story

you can retrieve this using my tv show next aired addon.

in my code, I use the tvshowpath to calculate the cache image :
Code:
00:11:01 T:4816 M:823758848  NOTICE: ##### NEXT AIRED INFOS##### ep_img: C:\Program Files\XBMC-addons\portable_data\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\5\59d2f272.tbn

so my script ask xbmc to display this file, and searching in db, i found this row:

Code:
"18","4127016330","C:\Program Files\XBMC-addons\portable_data\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\5\59d2f272.tbn","f/f5fd458a.tbn","1","2010-09-02 22:21:29","d1282265548s94042","2010-09-03 00:21:29"

so, when i want to display this image C:\Program Files\XBMC-addons\portable_data\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\5\59d2f272.tbn which is a xbmc cache file, xbmc make and display this cache file: C:\Program Files\XBMC-addons\portable_data\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\f\f5fd458a.tbn

is that enought informations for you ?

xbmc
Thanks - I'll take a look. Might not be matching due to special:// comparisons or some such.

r33471 should do the trick - thanks for the test case Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc caching his own cached images when called0