Blu-Ray DumpHD Help ?
I keep getting Key not found with DumpHD , I have a keysDB.cfg file but I have no idea what to do with it nor where to put it.

any help here would be appreciated.

as I am currently in the mind set of you cannot just put in a blu-ray and play it with linux. Sad
BinaryMonkey Wrote:as I am currently in the mind set of you cannot just put in a blu-ray and play it with linux. Sad

That is true, but its not Linux's fault.

I can't play my new Avatar Blu Ray in my normal Blu Ray player I bought last year. Avatar requires a newer version of DRM than my Blu Ray player supports.

So what did I do?

I gave away that Blu Ray player and bought a new Samsung one that updates itself so I could play the disk.

Point of the story?

Blu Ray as a format is on purpose a DRM minefield. They purposely make future disks with new DRM to break old players even though these players were blessed by the media overlords.

The way Linux plays Blu Rays is NOT blessed by the media overlords. Is basically a hack, and as such it will ALWAYS be one step behind in the DRM game. Linux is like my old Blu Ray player- it has trouble with the updates.

So if you want a Blu Ray player, go buy a stand alone one. Preferable one that updates.

All HTPC based players will be one step behind.

My take? Screw DRM and screw the media overlords.

I pay the AnyDVD HD guy to crack that crap so I can rip the disks to my Unraid server. At that point they are files- free from the evil DRM!

Those rips play on Linux just fine, and always will...

You see that same DRM games with recent DVDs. New DRM methods, opps does not play anymore in a real DVD player. So much for specs.
davilla Wrote:You see that same DRM games with recent DVDs. New DRM methods, opps does not play anymore in a real DVD player. So much for specs.

The media guys are shooting themselves in the foot. Us nerds are willing to put in the leg work to get things working, but for a regular person if the disk doesn't work its going back to the store.

Its like they are trying to be hated by the people that do pay for the content (because they don't know how not to) to fail at preventing the people that seal their content from being able to do so.

Media overlords are some of the least intelligent people on the planet.

poofyhairguy Wrote:Media overlords are some of the least intelligent people on the planet.

People...? I'm not even sure they are Human!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but Windws in a VM and AnyDVD HD may cost a few dollars, but will save you a lot of time that you would have otherwise spent fixing and debugging things with dumphd.
sorry inside a vm it is not possible to access a dvd / bluray drive ...
It doesn't mader what os inside the vm .... no access to dvd and bluray
davilla Wrote:You see that same DRM games with recent DVDs. New DRM methods, opps does not play anymore in a real DVD player. So much for specs.

Say it the other way .... > This so called dvd's are not dvd's because
with standard dvd-tests they would fail .... This is imho a shame ...
There's a linux version of MakeMKV which can dump Blu-ray (video/audio unaltered) to MKV, might be worth a try.
I guess I know someone who made a addon with this tool ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-Ray DumpHD Help ?0