XBMC crashes in DVD menus
Sad 
Hey everyone!

XBMC is the greatest media center ever, but I have a little trouble getting my Xbox 360 gamepad to work in DVD menus. Keyboard navigation works just fine, but remote controlling with my gamepad from the couch doesn't.

I took the time and answered all your questions from the how-to thread. While I don't think this bug is hardware related, I answered those questions anyway:

1. Windows Version
Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit (all automatic updates)

2. CPU/Architecture
Intel Core Duo P8700 2.53 GHz

3. RAM amount
3 GB usable

4. Video Card and Driver version
Nvidia GeForce GT 240M
Driver version 258.96

5. Sound Card and Driver version
Realtek HD Audio (onboard)
Driver version R2.50

6. Other devices related to issue
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (With official drivers)

7. XBMC Revision
Nigtly build r33240

9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem
I created a completely new profile folder (%AppData%\XBMC), so skins or other addons can't be the problem. Then I created this stripped down keymap.xml which reproduces the bug and copied it into this folder %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps. Afterwards I started XBMC and played the DVD. When the DVD menu appears I can navigate through it with the keyboard just fine, but as soon as I press a button on the digital pad (these buttons belong to the <hat>-entries in the keymap.xml) of the gamepad XBMC crashes.
Here's a screenshot of the problem

Additionally the A button, which is mapped to 'Select', doesn't work. It just pauses the 'video'.

10. FULL Debug Log
http://pastebin.com/RCpurByD
From line 428 on you can see that I'm pressing the up and down keys on my keyboard and it works. Then at line 445 I press the down button on the gamepad and... BOOM

11. MediaInfo output
I think we can safely assume that the media isn't the problem here. I tried three different DVDs.

Any help is appreciated,
petey
I'm afraid I have to bump this. ;-) Not even a comment? I really did my best to track this bug down. What should I do now? I have no awesome C++ skills, so I'm in a fix here.

But I am willing to share the resulting keymap for the Xbox 360 wireless controller if I get it to work completely (your current one doesn't work).
I did some more testing. I tried different keymap configurations to isolate the problem:

Code:
<global>
<fullscreenvideo>
<videomenu>
Result: fullscreenvideo is used

Code:
<global>
<videomenu>
Result: global is used

So this clearly leads me to the conclusion that the <videomenu> section is ignored for '<joystick>'s. The crashing seems to be an unrelated issue that happens when trying to skip +10 minutes in a DVD menu.

So how do we get the <videomenu> section parsed?
I just found this ticket: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5520
It exactly describes my problem, but it was closed 8 months ago.

Can somebody reactivate that ticket or add someone to CC, please? The bug still exists for me on Windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes in DVD menus0