.mkv plays once, afterwards only blank screen with audio until restart of xbmc
I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution for this problem on xbmc.

When trying to play .mkv files, I found I can play the file once, but if I try to play another .mkv file (or the same file again), the audio plays but the screen is blank. On .mkv with subtitles, I found it interesting that the subtitles would appear, but not the video itself.

When I used Windows Media Center, it was a matter of configuring the .mkv codecs to get the subtitles to appear in the first place, but I notice that xbmc does not open the codec packs that I had used on WMC.

I suppose my question is where can I go to configure the .mkv codecs so that on consecutive playbacks I do not have to restart xbmc everytime I want to watch one.

I should note that I am currently using the latest nightly build as of 3:45 a.m. EST 8/29/2010. I'm sure it is something simple, yet I couldn't readily find what I was looking for in the wiki, only links to information that, yes indeed, xbmc is supposed to be able to play .mkv files.
I had lots of strange video related problems (the symptom you mentioned - and other stuff) until I manually reinstalled DirectX. Couldn't hurt to try? :-)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/co...layLang=en
EDIT: The problem was the skin I was using. It would appear PM3.HD intereferes with .mkv playback.

BitStreak Wrote:I had lots of strange video related problems (the symptom you mentioned - and other stuff) until I manually reinstalled DirectX. Couldn't hurt to try? :-)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/co...layLang=en

Well, I did that but ended up with the same problem. I did notice while fiddling around that while I do not get video in full screen, when the video is in a portrait (like when I am in the settings menu) I can see the video that should be playing along with the sound, it is only when it is larger that I get the problem.
Pastebin a debug log please.

Only happens with .mkv files? Or is it for files encoded in h264?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:Pastebin a debug log please.

Only happens with .mkv files? Or is it for files encoded in h264?

I'll have a log in a few minutes. As far as I know, all of the .mkv files I have are encoded h264 (as they are labeled as such when viewing them in xbmc). So far, I know that the .mkv plays perfectly in Confluence and Alaska skins.

Edit: Well of course, when I go back to PM3.HD I cannot reproduce the problem. If it happens again I will post a debug log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.mkv plays once, afterwards only blank screen with audio until restart of xbmc0