Ubuntu Dharma
Could somebody please opoint me in the right direction to upgrade my xbmc to Dharma, I have spent the past hour looking for help on this with no joy, thanks for any forthcoming help.
Somebody might be able to help if we knew what OS your running.
Try XBMCFreaks Live installer, for an ion (Revo etc) it has all the fixes in place and a new SVN xbmc plus extras.
Redneck Wrote:Somebody might be able to help if we knew what OS your running.

post title??

ubuntu karmic
Post the output of this command.
Code:
sudo apt-cache policy xbmc
I get this:

xbmc:
Installed: 1:9.11-jaunty1
Candidate: 1:9.11-jaunty1
Version table:
*** 1:9.11-jaunty1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Though I was under the impression I was running Karmic. Weird.
DataFran Wrote:I get this:

xbmc:
Installed: 1:9.11-jaunty1
Candidate: 1:9.11-jaunty1
Version table:
*** 1:9.11-jaunty1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Though I was under the impression I was running Karmic. Weird.

To update Ubuntu to Lucid Lynx (the current version) the authors suggest to do a fresh install. Too many changes and too many potential conflicts. They even give you a utility that will copy and save all your settings and important apps to a Network directory (in another computer or network HDD) or (if I recall correctly) to a CD.

I use the Linux Mint version of Ubuntu (it is a distro geared for media applications). It is quite neat, I suggest you check into it.

If you are only going to run XBMC on the machine, you are probably better served by a Live CD or distros like those in XBMCFreak.com

Cheers,
I encountered TONS of problems when I upgraded to Lucid, so I went back to a Karmic LiveCD that I had used before. Will the beta run on Karmic?
Necochino Wrote:To update Ubuntu to Lucid Lynx (the current version) the authors suggest to do a fresh install. Too many changes and too many potential conflicts. They even give you a utility that will copy and save all your settings and important apps to a Network directory (in another computer or network HDD) or (if I recall correctly) to a CD.

I use the Linux Mint version of Ubuntu (it is a distro geared for media applications). It is quite neat, I suggest you check into it.

If you are only going to run XBMC on the machine, you are probably better served by a Live CD or distros like those in XBMCFreak.com

Cheers,

Where is this utility located?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Necochino Wrote:If you are only going to run XBMC on the machine, you are probably better served by a Live CD or distros like those in XBMCFreak.com

Unfortunately the site is in dutch and extremly confusing and overloaded with stuff.
Maybe someone can post a driect link to the recent version of the Live-CD?

EDIT: I've got it, google was my friend :p
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Evanrich Wrote:Where is this utility located?

I am so sorry... I misspoke (or misswrote, to be more accurate). I was referring to Linux Mint mintBackup. That's the utility I used to upgrade to the latest Mint version. I had one computer running Ubuntu and another running Mint and got confused. Apologies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu Dharma0