Export Library?
So I have been reading a bit about library management. The reason this is important is because I have a bad connection, 2mb / 512kb so I don't really have the luxury of downloading the fanart, movie information, on every HTPC.

All my movies are on a NAS and all the HTPC's connect to the movies from there.

Is there a way that I can export the downloaded information from XBMC that I loaded on my windows PC to the NAS so that all the HTPC's can see it?

Or does that requires a program like Ember?

Thanks in advance.
Export to separate files will send nfo, fanart, thumb to your NAS

If all your PCs running XBMC are the same you only need to set up one then copy your Userdata folder across to the others
Thanks for your reply.

When you say export to separate folders. Is this an option in XBMC? Something like iTunes library centralization?

I think the downside to the Userdata method is that it will get the "bulk" of the library from when it starts but as more stuff gets added i'll need to either re-upload the Userdata or let the new files be added to each library and acquire their own info.
Export to separate files not folders, once you have one system setup with your library all scanned in you got to

System > Video > Library > Export Video Library, select that and it will ask you Separate or Single file choose Separate and it will put an nfo, fanart, thumb with your media which your other systems will use when you scan to library

As for copying the userdata folder across I only meant do that once so you don't have to scan all your movies multiple times on a new install

In your situation I would go with using Ember myself which would do the same add nfo, fanart, thumb with your media which would then be used when you scan to library

You can also have them all use the database off one machine or NAS using mysql as far as I know but your have to search for that its not something I use and your need the latest builds
Cool thx for the suggestions. I'll check into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Export Library?0