Mediafiles from .rar support broken?
Hi!
Ive been running xbmc for years, and also plex on my mac which is built on xbmc. Its awesome, love it. Now thou plex 9 came and i upgraded. Its based on dharma as far as i know. When i updated the library it didnt find any of my movies or series.
I thought allright i switched to xbmc in ubuntu as this is my main media platform.

I upgraded my old xbmc to dharma and the same thing happened. I cleaned the library as i wanted a fresh start in the new version. But it found nothing. When i went browsing in files inside the sources it couldnt see the movies that i know are there, and i went into the sample dirConfused which is unpacked and it found them.

So is rar support broken or disabled? Its one of the best features of xbmc imo. Or is there somekind of prerequisite that i miss?

cheers
-gob
sorry?

The problem is it wont find media files that are inside and rar archive. The plex thing was just an observation. As it was the same problem.

The problem again:
In XBMC in ubuntu, i add a video source. If i browse that source it cant find any .rar archives. Or videos inside the .rar archives that is. Which it always have done since the beginning of xbmc on the old xbox!

-gob
don't quote the spam Wink

still supports it, make sure you build with --enable-nonfree.
spiff Wrote:don't quote the spam Wink

still supports it, make sure you build with --enable-nonfree.

Ah sorry for spam thing, wasnt sure it was sapm. =)

Problem is im running yavdr and it has its own repo so im not sure how to recompile it without breaking the rest of the system. Im asking on their forum thou if its compiled with --enable-nonfree.

thnx for help!

-gob
gobba Wrote:Ah sorry for spam thing, wasnt sure it was sapm. =)

Problem is im running yavdr and it has its own repo so im not sure how to recompile it without breaking the rest of the system. Im asking on their forum thou if its compiled with --enable-nonfree.

thnx for help!

-gob

Yupp checked the build logs for the xbmc in the yavdr repository. Its built with --disable-nonfree . thnx again for the help.

-gob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediafiles from .rar support broken?0