Help with 1080p and wierd flashing
Hi all. I hope someone can help me. I am running Windows 7 x64, XBMC 32837-dx, on a Dell Precision M4400 with an NVidia Quardro 770M with audio and video going out over HDMI to my Denon then out to my Samsung 46" 1080p
Whenever I play 1080p movies and enable dxva2 support in XBMC (it is already enabled in the video driver software) I get this flashing light wherever there are white areas on the screen, like the sky or water or anything bright. Everything under 1080p run fine without dxva2 enabled but when I try to stream a large mkv that is 1080p without it the movie goes for a few minutes and then starts to stutter really bad and the sound gets out of sync etc.
How can I get it so I can enable dxva2 support but not get those flashing highlights?
Thanks
Has anyone seen this?
I have this same problem with my setup. I was thinking that it was because my entertainment TV is not 1080P until I saw that you have a digital box that is 1080P capable and have the same thing.

I know it is not the movies themselves as I stream them from a server and the computer in my office does not do the flashing with the same movie with acceleration turned on. Nor can it be the network.

So now I am down to what is the difference between the two computers. The HTPC in the TV room is an older dual core system running win 7 64 bit. It had 2 gigs of ram and a higher end 9500GT video card. The computer in my office is a higher end AM3 quad core system with 8 gigs of ram and a 1 gig video gaming card. Processors on both systems are 3.2 mghz.

The system in my office is quite a bit faster, but the video cards are not that much different. Since with hardware acceleration the majority of the work is being done by the video card it must be something else.

So this leads me to believe that maybe the PCI-e slot on the HTPC is of the older kind and the computer in my office is the latest revision. Maybe the bandwidth on the older slots is not enough. I will be upgrading the mother board and processor in the next few months. I will post back if that fixes it or if I somehow fix it otherwise.

Let me know if you figure it out.
I figured it out. Just unselect Dynamic Contrast in your video card control panel and the problem is gone.
I know this is an old thread, but there seems to never be a definitive answer to this problem.

I had tried every cure that I could find, but still suffered the problem.

Eventually, in my case, YMMV, Ifound that it was to do with the settings for size of on-screen objects in Win 7. This can be changed under "Personalisation" and had values of Small medium Large. This does not change the scren resolution, just makes the writing and icons bigger, which is useful when you have to leave the 10 foot GUI and are sitting a reasonable distance away.

What I found was that if I switched this to its default setting, I could then do anything with the video settings in XBMC. So I now have it using Hardware Acceleration (Nvidia card) plus the auto adjust to screen and file resolution. No problem at all.

The best bit, because I am still sitting a distance from the screen, is that after having made the settings adjustments in XBMC, I can then reset the screen objects size to larger under Win 7. Just remember that this will go wrong if you later make adjustments under XBMC.

So, ensure that screen object size is default before using XBMC settings.

As I say It works for my case. Hopefully, if anyone else comes looking for an answer, it may help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with 1080p and wierd flashing0