MySQL shared library not importing data from NFOs
I've got my movie library all set up and all movies are organised into individual folders with fanart and posters etc. This all looks good in XBMC when I don't used a shared library. However I followed this guide and now non of the posters are visible and it doesn't seem to have imported any date from the NFO files.

The shared database does seem to be working in so much that it keeps track of what I'm watching, so I can resume movies at the same point when switching between computers, but that's about it...I can see my files but they have no info or artwork associated with them.

If I delete 'advancedsettings.xml' temporarily and restart XBMC everything looks and works perfectly again.
how did you enter your sources? you need to use smb when using MySQL

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
yes, I went 'videos > files > add file > browse > Windows network (smb) > server > films > OK'

It didn't seem to make any attempt to scan the content and populate the library database.
You selected recursive scan

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Delete this file

userdata (wiki)/database/Textures13.db

And XBMC will force rebuild the artwork cache
It is set to recursive scan

(2013-05-18, 04:12)Ned Scott Wrote: Delete this file

userdata (wiki)/database/Textures13.db

And XBMC will force rebuild the artwork cache

Thanks, I've just done this and it had no affect. When I add the source I can see the files and play them. They just don't have any information attached to them and don't show up in the movies section, only videos/files
You need to right-click (or press C) on the folder and go to "Set Source" - assuming you've got at least 1 movie scraper installed via Add-Ons.
(2013-05-18, 12:32)ConfusedTA Wrote: You need to right-click (or press C) on the folder and go to "Set Source" - assuming you've got at least 1 movie scraper installed via Add-Ons.

Thanks, do you mean 'Set Content'. I have done this but it makes not difference.

I shouldn't have to scrape content though since all the information is accurate in the .nfo files and artwork is present and correct.

It all works perfectly when I'm not using the shared database, as soon as I use advancedsettings.xml to point to the database, all movie information dissappears and it makes no attampt to re-scan the library and populate the database.
If you follow the MySQL (wiki) guide then it tells you that once MySQL is set up you have to rebuild/reimport your library, as if you were doing it for the first time. So yes, you do have to scrape the content again, because the MySQL database is empty. When you remove the advancedsetting.xml file then you go back to your local DB, which is full. The NFO files are simply there to make sure that you have an identical setup as before, and to make sure your watched status from the old DB is carried over to the new MySQL DB.
If you don't set content no scraping will be done at all. You will need to scrape content, the scraper will just prefer the NFO files while going over the files.

Important information we are missing: upload a debug log (wiki) of you scraping.
Ok, I just removed the source, closed XBMC, deleted the old logs, re-opened and added the source again and this is the log file:

http://pastebin.com/cUTgB4PZ

Hope this helps, it seems to me that it doesn't scrape the content when I add the source. At one point I tried putting a few files in a new folder 'Films 2' and adding that as a source to see if it would scrape, but it still didn't show in movies.
Line 359.

Code:
14:24:51 T:6692   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select count(1) from musicvideo
14:24:51 T:6692   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::HasContent failed
14:24:51 T:6692   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select strPath,noUpdate from path where ( strContent = 'tvshows'       or idPath in (select idPath from tvshowlinkpath)) and strPath NOT like 'multipath://%' order by strPath
14:24:51 T:6692   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetPaths failed
14:24:51 T:6744   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling videolibrary.getepisodes
14:24:51 T:6744   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select * from episodeview  WHERE ((episodeview.playCount IS NULL OR episodeview.playCount < 1))
14:24:51 T:6744   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodesByWhere failed

Your MySQL installation is broken - ensure you assigned the correct permissions to the xbmc user in the database, drop the existing databases and try again.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse thanks, I tried all that and it still will not work, I'm starting to pull my hair out now, can't understand it.

I uninstalled mySQL from my server completely and removed all traces of the previous databases. I then reinstalled it and followed the instructions here precisely: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...g_up_MySQL

I then reinstalled xbmc and added a source folder, it had 11 films in just to speed up the testing. It appeared to scan the content and took about 2 minutes going through the 11 films. When I go to movies it is just blank though, exactly the same as before. Here's my latest log file.

http://www.ninesevenseven.co.uk/xbmc.log

When I check the database, there are 11 entries in the movie table, which seems to be correct. So it is definitely writing to the database, it just seems that not all the tables are there as they should be.
What version of MySQL are you using? I believe v5.6 is to be avoided, stick with v5.5.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse, it works! Thanks so much, this has had me stumped for weeks. v5.6 definitely is to be avoided, I switched to 5.5 and it worked perfectly first time. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL shared library not importing data from NFOs0