Avoid menu popup on mouse move while playing video
What I don't like about XBMC is when I am watching a movie and our cat touches the mouse (by accident, she is not confused or anything) and suddenly I see the menu popping up...

I will submit a patch to optionally avoid this behaviour, now is the time to give opinions on the following:

1) Should it be possible to turn off the default popup-on-move, and make it only pop-up-on-rightclick?

Alternatively:

2) Should the distance-to-move-before-popup be controllable (default is now 1 pixel I think)?

And should this option be

3) Easy accessible in the system menus

or:

4) be hidden in the xml advanced user settings file?

Or finally:

5) Silly Aardvark, it's already possible but you just couldn't find it!

Let me know what you think...
1. No.
2. No.

That's my opinion. The only thing I would personally support would be some work to test whether or not the "pixels to move" can be increased a little bit by default to allow it to be less sensitive whilst still ensuring we don't lose functionality. See Mouse.cpp or whatever it is - there's a define already used for it that you can tweak a little.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:1. No.
2. No.
That's my opinion.

Care to elaborate a little to the why of your objections? Especially if I code it so the default pop-up-on-move could only be disabled in advancedsettings.xml?

The reason I think this might interest more users is because while people might accept an accidental popup on a TV screen, I use XBMC mostly on a projector. And suddenly seeing a big menu popping up in the middle of a movie is just not acceptable to me - and I would presume I am not the only one.

By the way: what about a different version:

2a) Allow popup menu only when cursor is moved to the top of the screen (top 10% area for instance).

And again: this functionality being optional, with the default staying as-is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Avoid menu popup on mouse move while playing video0