[Apple TV] XBMC connect to AFP share?
Hi all,

I have AFP enabled on AppleTV and my file server (HDD connected to Apple AEBS) and my iMac can see everything.

How do I get XBMC to connect to an AFP share? Create a mount point on the ATV's local drive? Or is there native support somewhere in XBMC.

...seem to be getting some buffering issues when using SMB, hence the requirement to go to AFP instead.

Thanks!
Monty
I did it in NitoTV, creating mounts in Network section, and then selecting them in Volumes via "add source" menu of XBMC

monty77uk Wrote:Hi all,

I have AFP enabled on AppleTV and my file server (HDD connected to Apple AEBS) and my iMac can see everything.

How do I get XBMC to connect to an AFP share? Create a mount point on the ATV's local drive? Or is there native support somewhere in XBMC.

...seem to be getting some buffering issues when using SMB, hence the requirement to go to AFP instead.

Thanks!
Monty
challenger Wrote:I did it in NitoTV, creating mounts in Network section, and then selecting them in Volumes via "add source" menu of XBMC

Thanks .. couldn't get that to work personally but I did some legwork in terminal and got it working eventually Smile

Monty
AppleTV1 = 500Gb SATA HDD, Broadcom BCM970015 w/XBMC
AppleTV2 = Stock 160Gb HDD w/XBMC
monty77uk Wrote:Thanks .. couldn't get that to work personally but I did some legwork in terminal and got it working eventually Smile

Monty

How did you do it? I can get it via nitoTV but it would be nice to have it directly.

philip
pmcd Wrote:How did you do it? I can get it via nitoTV but it would be nice to have it directly.

philip

First I put a modified recovery image onto the apple tv (1.1 software included) and ran the smart installer. I verified that mobile_afp ran on the atv through ssh and then followed this guide:
http://forums.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=16392

Hth
Adam
AppleTV1 = 500Gb SATA HDD, Broadcom BCM970015 w/XBMC
AppleTV2 = Stock 160Gb HDD w/XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] XBMC connect to AFP share?0