HTPC, wich is the best running XBMC?
Hey!

I´m thinking to buy a HTPC to see my Movies etc etc... but i really don´t know wich could be the best running XBMC.

I just want a simple htpc, it just too listen musik, movies watching, pictures...

If is there a recomendation, please, be free to answer this topic...

And, there is possible to make me a htpc? i mean, maybe is better if I try to build my own one?
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
1. what is your budget
2. does size play a factor in this decision
3. do you just want a box to run XBMC and have your media stored on a sever?

if just want a xbmc front end look into the zotac all in one box or a Acer Revo unit, thats the cheapest your going to get.

-=jason=-
well €400 it´s something, i don´t want to spend more then that, it´s doesn´t reproduce Blueray´s... XD

I saw the Revo, i like it, but don´t trust in acer... it have to be small, no more bigger than a PS2 slim...

Yep... Just XBMC, it would be my media center to go... no games or something, just XBMC... I want to run skins too normal as it can(my Pc with 2 cores, 4 gb ram and 512mb video, have some lacks with Xperience, Aeon. It think beacuse the modules start with too many things...)...

- Wlan
- HDMI
- USB
- Sata(*optional) -> i can connect my HDD via USB, but would be great sata conection
- COntrolRemote (*optional) -> i can use wlan and my Android
- HDD (*optional) -> i don´t care if the HDD is too small($$) i have a 2TB HDD with movies and music, a lot!!
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173004

They sell them in Europe too. You are welcome.

good tipp, but no ram?

i was looking now the Acer revo, it has the same configuration, plus keyboard wireless etc...

U know if i can use the zotac with ubuntu? i mean, if there r some problems with drivers or something like that, because it come without SO, and buy a win7 license, it could be more expensive that i want...
Dharma live beta should work fine on that thing. I love Kingston ram the best.

emal011 Wrote:Hey!

I´m thinking to buy a HTPC to see my Movies etc etc... but i really don´t know wich could be the best running XBMC.

I just want a simple htpc, it just too listen musik, movies watching, pictures...

If is there a recomendation, please, be free to answer this topic...

And, there is possible to make me a htpc? i mean, maybe is better if I try to build my own one?

All you need to know about HTPC's

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=940972

And more specifically,

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea...st18816470
@two40

cool, thanks for the tipp..
what about the asrock 330HT? Small, nice, has dvd drive, wifi and integrated CIR sensor + remote.
I'm a Revo User and I can say that I have been nothing but happy with this device. I keep all of my files stored on my NAS drive, so internal storage wasn't really an issue for me. I will say that if you choose to go with a Revo, make sure you pick one of these up to go with it if you plan on using a remote like a Logitech Harmony. Also, here is a tutorial that will help you get XBMC Live installed. You'll want to go with Live so you can get the hardware acceleration support. Good luck, and welcome to the XBMC family!
PatrickVogeli Wrote:what about the asrock 330HT? Small, nice, has dvd drive, wifi and integrated CIR sensor + remote.

I'm a happy Revo user, but then I have a friend who's a happy Asrock user. Both are very good. The Asrock is more expensive but does include a CD drive, remote controlelr (MS compatible!) and room for a second disk.

JR
Flomaster Wrote:1. what is your budget
2. does size play a factor in this decision
3. do you just want a box to run XBMC and have your media stored on a sever?

if just want a xbmc front end look into the zotac all in one box or a Acer Revo unit, thats the cheapest your going to get.

-=jason=-

that what i need but i bought a giada cube n3
as we dont have revos in aust that are less than $800

but i cant get wifi working with xbmcfreak build
they added the drivers for hdmi which is good

and i cant post any question on thier forum as it german Sad
one question, i saw the HTPC in Amazon and they´ll sell the HTPC without OS, that´s normal?

* ASRock ION 330HT (Intel Atom 330 1,6GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Nvidia ION, DVD, not
SO)

well, i think i go for the Acer Revo, it´s small, looks good, i don´t need an optical drive, but wich are the difference between XBMC Live and XBMC normal version? if i just want to installed in the HTPC...
XBMC Live is a complete OS, XBMC normal version is just a program.

You want the Live OS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC, wich is the best running XBMC?0