[Live on HDD] Added 2nd HDD - Need some pointers
I have and Ion based box using a SSD. I added a 2nd 3.5" HDD and then did heaps of research to figure out how to partition / format / mount etc.

I created 2 partitions one for a complete backup of the SSD, and the other for media (Music, Pictures, Screenshots etc)

I've managed to get the drive recognised in xbmc and it seems to survive a reboot. I have loaded a few things on it and have been able to view them via the GUI in xbmc.

I have read many posts about this very thing. I was following a number of online tutorials. I have not done anything to the "fstab", yet the drive seems to survive a reboot and poweroff. It shows in the filemanager of xbmc. I have removed the "nodiskmount" from the grub file and updated.

I guess I'm concerned I've missed something. I can't believe it survives the reboot/poweroff. I manually mounted them (I think??) and they appear under the root media folder. Both partitions have crazy long names -
"c9ea0b4b-8f75-453d-bc31-42b2d9bd38b4" and
"e81bfbc1-29c0-4edd-ba47-1c4723c5ab11"

Can I rename them? WinSCP won't let me even though I'm operating at root. If so, how?

How should they show up in the filemanager? Mine just show the partition size.

Any comments welcome.

Edit: Seems I'm unable to write to the directories on these partitions - so I guess I have to resolve some permission issues?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live on HDD] Added 2nd HDD - Need some pointers0