Renderer question
Hi guys and thanks for an awesome program.
I just got one question, does xbmc (dharma) renderer output RGB or can i choose somehow?

Cheers
/Linus
The video player pushes the format it has to the renderer, the renderer then convert it to what the hardware wants or needs to display it.

i.e. Video player may push yuv which the renderer then converts (if needed) and display. In opengl or direct x renderer it converts it via shader (or sw) to rgb and displays it.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:The video player pushes the format it has to the renderer, the renderer then convert it to what the hardware wants or needs to display it.

i.e. Video player may push yuv which the renderer then converts (if needed) and display. In opengl or direct x renderer it converts it via shader (or sw) to rgb and displays it.

Trying to wrap my head around this Confused.
So if i choose to output ycbcr on my ati card, it goes yuv>rgb>ycbcr?
This is a djungle i tell you Tongue
XBMC converts to RGB always, that's how it works on a pc.
The ati setting is probably for choosing between full (0-255) and limited (16-235) range on the hdmi output.
bobo1on1 Wrote:XBMC converts to RGB always, that's how it works on a pc.
The ati setting is probably for choosing between full (0-255) and limited (16-235) range on the hdmi output.

Well no, i can choose the dynamic range on both RGB Full and YCBCR 4:4:4.
In that case just use RGB.
bobo1on1 Wrote:In that case just use RGB.

Thanks for the quick reply.
And thanks for an awesome program.
Hey Guys,

You seem to know about your stuff and I could really do with some help here.. I just purchased an Saphire ATI 5450 card and I am running this on my HTPC which goes into my Onkyo 608 Amp and then with a cablesson active splitter goes to my 60 inch HD TV and my Epson EH-TW3200 Projector. I am also using XBMC for my HTPC to watch my .mkv 1080p movies.

Now the question is this .. for my projector what color space do I select on the ATI Card? 16-235 or 0-255? Also The ATI has the following options:

Ycbcr 4:4:4
Ycbcr 4:2:2
RGB Studio/limited
RGB Full

Which one these do I select for the display device? My Projector accepts both RGB and YCBCR? Also are there any other options I should check on the ATI Control Panel or XBMC?

Many Thanks and look forward to your responses..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Renderer question0