Couple of quick questions
#1) whenever I play an mkv file, subtitles are on by default. Is there a way to deafault the subs to "off"? There has to be but I am just not seeing it anywhere

#2) Ever since I upgraded to Dahrma build, the +/- on the keboard does not work for volume up or down. Is there a way to re-asign this?

Thanks in advance.
When you go into the settings from the OSD to turn off subtitles there's a tick box somewhere labelled "save these settings as the default" or words to that effect.

B****r, this is almost certainly my fault. I've just realised that I've messed up the keymap in a recent change I've made. You'll probably find that - and + do page down and page up. For now open %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps and edit the keyboard.xml that's lurking there and delete the lines:

<!-- MCE uses equals (plus) for channel up, minus for channel down -->
<equals>PageUp</equals>
<minus>PageDown</minus>

If you're using a build later than beta2 the lines will be in C:\program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml instead. I need to fix this asap.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:When you go into the settings from the OSD to turn off subtitles there's a tick box somewhere labelled "save these settings as the default" or words to that effect.

B****r, this is almost certainly my fault. I've just realised that I've messed up the keymap in a recent change I've made. You'll probably find that - and + do page down and page up. For now open %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps and edit the keyboard.xml that's lurking there and delete the lines:

<!-- MCE uses equals (plus) for channel up, minus for channel down -->
<equals>PageUp</equals>
<minus>PageDown</minus>

If you're using a build later than beta2 the lines will be in C:\program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml instead. I need to fix this asap.

JR

LOL thanks for the info!
Sorry to point out your mistake Smile
Homerboy Wrote:Sorry to point out your mistake :)

It's a good job you spotted it before Dharma was released or I really wouldn't be popular :-)

JR
Smile 
jhsrennie Wrote:It's a good job you spotted it before Dharma was released or I really wouldn't be popular :-)

JR

LOL.
Well then, I'm glad to be of service Smile
FYI, I've already reverted the remapping the other day Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hmmm
not seeing those lines in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml
vdrfan Wrote:FYI, I've already reverted the remapping the other day Wink

This is all part of my attempts to retain compatability with Media Center. MCE uses minus and equals for channel down and up. I think MCE also uses ctrl-minus and ctrl-equals for channel down and up, so it should be safe to put those in the keymap. However I'm away from my PC so I can't easily check.

I'll look again next week.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of quick questions0