Rebuild of a library... why so slow?
OK, I've been using XBMC for ages, and this has always plagued me, and I've finally lost patience.

I cannot help but feel I'm doing something glaringly wrong, but...

My media is fully populated with NFO files, fanart and thumbs etc... so there is 'nothing to scrape' (in theory).
So... why, when I rescan all my media during a brand new installation does XBMC appear to go off querying scraper servers?
My media is detected perfectly well, and XBMC selects the appropriate artwork as designated by the thumbs and fanart files side by side with my media... but the 'phantom' scraping is slowing down the rebuild MASSIVELY. I'm talking 4 hours for 1000 movies.

Any ideas?
Have you turned off "Download actor thumbs when adding to library" because that's one reason if not the only reason when you have local artwork
AnalogKid Wrote:Any ideas?

Debug log.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rebuild of a library... why so slow?0