Problem to put a movie in my library
Hi guys
I tried to get some answers in this forum, but i think i need to open a special thread for this as i don't understand what happened and why.
So i wanted to put "saw VI" in the library. I had my folder named "saw vi (2009)" like i use to do it for every movie. I hold the menu button and go to set content like i always do...there i take the same selection i always use (automated scan on, recursively off...)....
Normaly he puts the movie in the library and i can watch thE movie...Normaly!
This time he scanned the movie and put it in the library under an empty name. When i go to movie information, i notice that he took the right information of saw6(thumb, cast...). But as i said he doesn't give a name in the library. I try to play the movie but instead of starting xbmc tells me:"file no longer available...delete from library?"
So i go check back in Video...Files and there the file still is... And when i press start inside the video...files it plays correctly.
So i scan again...
This time he puts a name on the movie but again:"file no longer available..."
To resume: in video...files the iso file plays correctly but in the library he doesn't seem to find it and the name of the movie is only given in 50% of the scannings.
Now the really strange part...: I renamed the folder to saw (without any date) and scanned...of course the scaper found saw 1 and puts it under that name in the library...but the file plays correctly. Then i could "refresh" from movie information menu and then select saw 6! So he selects the right thumb and still the movie is playing as it should....

So why doesn't it play when it is named saw viHuh??

I tried scaping with IMDB and themovieDB
I use xbmc version before the dharma beta i think it is 9.11!
Hope somebody has a clue
Thanks
your doing it wrong, there was another thread just the other day.

you need to set your source at the root of your movie / tv show directory and set content there.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post608824

also here is the quick start guide.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide

-=Jason=-
Well i don't think that's the problem because i did it like this for the last year and it went fine everytime....
I have a friend who told me that i could "set content" directly at the source movie directory and not for every single movie folder, but as it worked for me i didn't care.
But with this single movie i have these problems.
What's more how do you explain that it doesn't work when i name it saw VI and when i name the movie folder "saw" then it works....
If the source directoy was the problem, it would never work...but it did!
Oh yes and it did exactly the same when i simply clicked on "scan for new content"!
It found a new movie "saw 6" but when in the library he tells me :"file no longer available...!"
This must be something else...
But thanks flomaster
xbmc was not meant so have each movie set as its own source, im sorry but thats now how it was intended to be used. read the wiki.... you're making more work for yourself. you think people with movie libraries in the hundreds set each movie as its own source?

1. remove file from library
  2. set content at root directory as movies, check scan recursively, use TMDB as your scraper
  3. go into settings and turn on debugging
  4. scan source into library or update library what ever it is
  5. go into movies and play saw VI
  6. paste debugging log on a paste website
  7. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
  8. Profit

-=Jason=-
Thank you Flomaster...I noticed a long time ago that I was doing more work than I needed, but since it worked I didn't care. I will do the steps above and paste the debug...but this will have to wait until tonight... i am at work;-)
But I have 2-3 questions about what to do:
1) Should I delete all my files from library or just saw 6?
2) Scan recursively means that he will scan all the files even the ones already scanned? Or am I wrong?
3) I am not sure how to handle the debugging thing (steps 3+6) is there a debugging tutorial?
4) Later I will only need to "scan for new content if I add a movie or how will I do it then?
Thanks
Ok
so I did everything you told me to do and I came up with 3 possibilities.

My main Movie folder is called DVD's (witch I used now as you said to set content...in this Folder I have a Folder with every single Movie...( DVD'S/XY (year)/XY.iso )

1) I "scan for new content" on the DVD's Folder Level. XBMC doesn't even find the Folder called "Saw (2009)" containing my movie:

http://pastebin.com/SssViQWT

2) I "scan for new content" on the "Saw (2009)" Folder level. (just like you said I shouldn't do... Now he finds the movie but in the library xbmc puts a blank and says "file no longer available"

http://pastebin.com/s6wEeZiq

3) I rename the folder "saw (2009)" to "saw" and "scan for new content" again on the DVD's folder level...Now he finds the movie AND the movie plays fine

http://pastebin.com/D7VUtJRx

Hope you can help

Thanks for your time man
anyone can see a difference or where the problem could come from? I don't understand anything from these?
sorry im still pretty noobish, but I would try this if you don't mind rebuilding your library.

remove all video sources for MOVIES from library and reboot
add your root directory, set content to movies
click the menu button on that source and scan for new files

you should now have all your movies in your "MOVIES" library Saw VI SHOULD BE in there

-=Jason=-
Anyway i will try to install dharma soon, so it is not so important... I wouldn't even delete all my sources because it works with every movie just fine but this sawVI...
There has to be something with this VI suffix of saw, because without "VI" it works!
So i hoped somebody could tell me what was the pb by looking at my logs because i am interested in understanding the system.
Thank you man

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem to put a movie in my library0