[Live] Dharma Beta 2 does not auto-start on reboot, xinit xbmc-standalone works
This has been driving me crazy. If I reboot the Dharma Beta 2 it does not automatically go into the GUI. The X server appears to be running but it's just a blank screen. If I kill X, and do an xinit xbmc-standalone the GUI launches perfectly and everything works.

Anyone have an alternate way to get xbmc to launch on boot? Perhaps via rc.local?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
i was having similar issues until today. this kind of error for me occurs when iam using lvm2 formatted partitions. my lvm2 metadata had been corrupted and had to be recreated from scratch. recreate all lvm2 shares and re-enter them into your fstab settings file. cross your fingers and hope it works for you.
jdutia83 Wrote:i was having similar issues until today. this kind of error for me occurs when iam using lvm2 formatted partitions. my lvm2 metadata had been corrupted and had to be recreated from scratch. recreate all lvm2 shares and re-enter them into your fstab settings file. cross your fingers and hope it works for you.

I'm not running LVM. I ended up pulling out the line in Grub and added a line to rc.local. seems to be working now. Upstart is wacky I guess. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Dharma Beta 2 does not auto-start on reboot, xinit xbmc-standalone works0