Automatically Disable Subs when they're the Same Language as Audio?
I've tried searching for this but maybe I'm simply not using the correct terminology.

So by default I have subtitles turned on because I have a few anime episodes where subs are necessary but then every once in awhile if I have an english show that has subs attached I have to manually turn subs off. So the way I see it I either will have to manually turn them on for anime or off for other shows. Is there any way I can sort of automate it so instead it will only automatically turn on subs if the sub track is english and the language track isn't?
Yeah no middle ground here I don't think - either off, or on, though xbmc does now recognise mkv files with the forced track flag set to 'yes'. Therefore you could remux the files required to set the flag that way and have subs off for all other material.
Aw that's too bad. I'll look into the forcing and remuxing but it seems like either way it's gonna be a rather roundabout solution. Thanks though!

I hope they might consider adding this at some point in the future, I obviously have zero idea what the coding might entail but I know that Plex had this feature so it's at least possible. One of the few things I miss I suppose, but you can't have it all haha.
One alternative is to disable subtitles to all movies, then play the few anime movies you have that require subs and enable them individually. XBMC will retain the information to playback subs only for those that you've set and everything else would be sub free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically Disable Subs when they're the Same Language as Audio?0