LCDproc keypad input
Hi, just bought a ZOATC HD-AD01 and I'm trying to put together my first HTPC. I've got experience with coding and linux so I'm not *completely* overwhlemed, but there's a lot to get through here.

My question has to do with LCDproc support. Couldn't find much about it, but LCDproc will interface with LCDs that have a keypad on them. Does XBMC use this input in anyway? If it doesn't, it doesn't sound like it'd be too hard to code that in, which I might be up for.

I'm actually building a circuit board with a standard 20x4 character LCD, an IR receiver, and a USB microcontroller to manage the two. The USB chip is just going to emulate a serial port and so it should be easy to get the LCD talking to LCDproc, and then I was going to have the IR then also interface with LCDproc. But I'm wondering if that might be a dead end and XBMC is only using LCDproc to output text. If that's the case I may re-think my design or try to change some code.

Thanks for any help, or if you could just point me in the direction of where the LCDproc support is being developed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LCDproc keypad input0