Lighting Keeps Changing
Hey,

I thought I noticed before that the lightning/brightness would flick a little during a scene but I am now convinced that it is happening after watching the dark knight.
It is very noticeable in the darker scenes - the picture seems to go slowly, progressively darker then all of a sudden become much brighter. Sometimes it can change several times in a few seconds. Does anyone have any similar issues? I am using an ION graphics card, xbmc over ubuntu and I didn't adjust any video settings.
If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful Big Grin
What display are you using? My TV sometimes does this for reasons I haven't fully worked out. Actually only my Panasonic TV does it. I also have a Toshiba that doesn't do it. Both have the computer connected to an HDMI port.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:What display are you using? My TV sometimes does this for reasons I haven't fully worked out. Actually only my Panasonic TV does it. I also have a Toshiba that doesn't do it. Both have the computer connected to an HDMI port.

JR
Maybe you already know this, but does your Panasonic TV have a setting called "dynamic contrast" or something similar? If it does, you can try to disable it.
It basically adjusts the brightness of the screen in dark/light scenes (to make the black look more like black, and the same with bright colours).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lighting Keeps Changing0