XBMC Crash on Adding XBMS source
Hello good folks.
I have a server at home that i've configured to download the tv-shows that i watch and movies that i feel like. Most of the stuff is rar'd.

I've used FTP in the past to be able to stream over the internet since i'm on the move alot with my laptop. However, since i run mac i've been having problems streaming most of the files that are larger, stuff that's not "tv episode"-size and .mkv'd. The episodes work just fine but some movies makes XBMC crash even before trying to buffer it.

I read about it and there were suggestions of using XBMS instead since FTP isn't really build for that kind of thing, so i figured "Hey, let's try it"

Today i downloaded the ccx_gui program, added the shares, opened the port and started the service. However, when i go into xbmc (both mac and win) and try to add the source, it crashes.
Tried both with and without admin.
Tried both with and without a DNS.
None of the above works.

I'm running the Dharma Beta2.

http://pastebin.com/ii2bWJPp

If this has been asked and answered before, i apologize. Most of the stuff i found for XBMS were really outdated.
Is it still a viable option?

What am i doing wrong?
How can i fix this?
I want to be able to stream from my computer over the internet. If i can avoid doing SMB over a VNC that'd be great Wink

Thanks in advance. <3 XBMC!
I also ran into the same issue as you when trying to setup xbms earlier any info on an alternative? or did you get this working at all?

Thanks
No i never got anything from this. It just kept crashing so i'm stull running it over FTP. Works good enough most of the time...
Kokarn Wrote:Hello good folks.
I have a server at home that i've configured to download the tv-shows that i watch and movies that i feel like. Most of the stuff is rar'd.

I've used FTP in the past to be able to stream over the internet since i'm on the move alot with my laptop. However, since i run mac i've been having problems streaming most of the files that are larger, stuff that's not "tv episode"-size and .mkv'd. The episodes work just fine but some movies makes XBMC crash even before trying to buffer it.

I read about it and there were suggestions of using XBMS instead since FTP isn't really build for that kind of thing, so i figured "Hey, let's try it"

Today i downloaded the ccx_gui program, added the shares, opened the port and started the service. However, when i go into xbmc (both mac and win) and try to add the source, it crashes.
Tried both with and without admin.
Tried both with and without a DNS.
None of the above works.

I'm running the Dharma Beta2.

http://pastebin.com/ii2bWJPp

If this has been asked and answered before, i apologize. Most of the stuff i found for XBMS were really outdated.
Is it still a viable option?

What am i doing wrong?
How can i fix this?
I want to be able to stream from my computer over the internet. If i can avoid doing SMB over a VNC that'd be great Wink

Thanks in advance. <3 XBMC!

Mine did that in Dharma 2. Never did figure out why. It would also spin when trying to access media on my network attached storage.

I updated to Dharma 3 and the problems are gone.

Not sure why.... but they're gone. Maybe give that a try?
wbread99 Wrote:Mine did that in Dharma 2. Never did figure out why. It would also spin when trying to access media on my network attached storage.

I updated to Dharma 3 and the problems are gone.

Not sure why.... but they're gone. Maybe give that a try?

By Dharma 3 you mean the beta build?
Because I've tried the RC1/2 and beta 4 but it still crashes on the damned network access
Hi there,

No updates abaut this issue?
Sill crashing on adding xbms source on windows (any version).
I installed in ATV2 and everything is working.
If there is one soul alive in this forum with windows and xbms source added in xbmc 10.0.0 please help us.
Thank you .
I found also that XBMC windows crashed with XBMS protocol. Mac and Linux worked very slowly!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100306
xbms support has been removed in git master.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crash on Adding XBMS source0