Creating a webdav server for xbmc.
any python devs up for a challenge Smile

creating a webdav server interface for xbmc.

technically this should probably be done internal to xbmc, but since there is a nice example of how this can be done in python, a skilled python developer could probably easily get this up and running. my skills in python is non existing.

adding this could both allow easy access as a webdrive in windows but also support for xbox->xbox transfers of files as soon as a webdav client is in xbmc. the client side shouldn't be to hard to get into xbmc as there is many nice client libraries that could be added to xbmc.

the example of this is on
http://webdav.de/

the problem with this in it's current form is that it bases it's xmlhandling code on an old xml library which isn't easily available, but if you know python i don't think porting it should be especially hard.

pretty much all development could be done offline, but just making sure the supplied classes works correctly with current xml libraries in xbmc.

just a nice idea

elupus
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

maybe this is in the wrong forum?

however webdav support in xbmc would be great. i'm not sure as a python script would be the best way though. i would see this much more as a protocal available in the same way smb://, daap:// and even shout://.

maybe dav:// ?
well this isn't the client side part of this i'm thinking about.. the clientside part is no big problem implementing in xbmc, the server side like i said should probably be in the server, however getting it to work using python with that library would probably be way easier and as such might be done in a forseable future. if i see that somebody picks up on the idea, i'll try to make some time to add the clientside support to xbmc myself.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating a webdav server for xbmc.0