How about a log on screen?
i think there should be a log on screen, like in win. xp, when you start xbmc. with this different users could have different settings. also, i think it would add a nice touch...tell me what ya think
hummm, its not exactly my idea of a good feature. but i'm not in a location where i have to worry about security of the xbox media centre.

anyhow, i think it would be a nice non-default option. but i've been thinking rather than some crummy (onscreen) keyboard, why not use some combination of remote or xbox control pad to create a password. for example...

red + green + green + blue

in quick succession could load my profile, while

blue + green + blue + green

would load my wife's profile.

if nothing is pressed then you could have a default profile option or just total lockdown.

i think this also brings up the idea of having seperate xml files for each profile, which i believe is still not possible yet?
this would be pretty sweet, once the profile has been created, then when the logon screen came up you could have a pulldown menu with all the profiles in it, just select it, then move down to the password field and use the button press combination idea to enter the password. that way it would be nice and simple to use, it would also be quick and efficient. i don't know anything about how hard this would be, its just an idea though.
well this is as nice a place as any to make my first xbmc forum post!

--nice thinking there los93sol and raidersfball.

in fact, we thought of that a few weeks ago and its been slowly coming together since then.
its a deceptavly big task actually as there are lots of components that need to be added to make it worthwhile.

for example:
Quote:12-12-2004 added: [ 1079275 ] add share locking ability, thanks to slacker.
and the new context menu (on right thumb press) in the project mayhem (i and ii) skins that allow you to jump directly to the profile screen.

the eventual idea is to expand profiles so that they encompass entirely different sets of settings allowing a totally different user experiance on xbmc load. certainly with password protection so it can be used as a way in which to keep certain "stuff" private etc.

obviously this feature wouldn't be useful for some, and so this would also result in an option for it to be on or off in the profile settings menu.
and most dev's hate the settings menu Wink

at the moment i believe runtime is hard at work on this very feature. don't expect it too soon, but expect it to be great when it arrives!
thanks discworld.....i am looking forward to this feature in the future.....seems like its gonna be pretty sweet.....thanks for the info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How about a log on screen?0