• 1(current)
Transparency! Translations
Information 
Transparency! translations

all the language files are available on transifex.
please take a minute to check the appropriate page for your language and translate all the strings that are still missing.

--------------------

Thanx to everyone who's willing to spare some time to keep the translations up to date!

cheers,
ronie
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
italian translation update !
ronie Wrote:Transparency! translations v2.10 - updated 09-13-2009

A bit lost here, referring to T!v2.10, whilst T!v2.00 is out there. Did you mean translations for the upcoming T!v2.10 release, or do the translations by itself carry a different version numbering schema?

Just wondering here.Confused
pooh Wrote:A bit lost here, referring to T!v2.10, whilst T!v2.00 is out there. Did you mean translations for the upcoming T!v2.10 release
yep, these are the translations that will be included in T! v2.10

pooh Wrote:or do the translations by itself carry a different version numbering schema?

my aim is to keep them the same. but if i decide to add a few more strings before the T!v2.10 release, i'll have to increase the translation version.
this way anyone can easily see the file has been updated.
i guess i'll use something like v2.10-2 in this case.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I can't translate "Working..." string. Did you mean Busy? Or something else?
queeup Wrote:I can't translate "Working..." string. Did you mean Busy? Or something else?

the string is used in DialogBusy.xml so "Busy..." would be fine. ;-)

thanx for the update ;-)
francyboy Wrote:italian translation update !

thanx!
Chinese (Simple) translation update !
taxigps Wrote:Chinese (Simple) translation update !

cheers mate!
Ronie, for the record, it is me commenting on the translations wiki regarding the discussion on 'Simple Chinese vs Simplified Chinese'

I'm serious about this, and appreciate your replies. You are good at programming skins etc, some are good at other stuff...

No offence to anyone, just trying to set the record straight
Hi pooh, thank you for the detailed explanation on the wiki page!
i will quote it at the end of my reply, so we can continue the discussion in this thread instead of cluttering up the wiki page...hope you don't mind. :-)

the fact that i responded with "no xbmc uses Chinese (Simple)" is not an easy way out, nor has it anything to do with me disrespecting the chinese culture.

the truth is, because xbmc uses 'Chinese (Simple)' as a language file, the skin also has to use "Chinese (Simple)' for the skin language file.
if you change it to something else, xbmc will not recognize the file.

i'm sorry you misunderstood my reply on the translation wiki page and i apologize if i somehow hurt your feelings. this was never my intention.

i think you should really discuss this issue in the xbmc translations thread.
the xbmc devs are the only ones that can change this...

cheers,
ronie

Quote: * Chinese (Simple) (should be 'Chinese Simplified', please change pagename) <- no, xbmc uses Chinese (Simple) : No, there is no such thing as 'Chinese Simple', it should read 'Chinese Simplified', whatever XBMC is using, I am simply pointing out the real facts and cultural understanding in the 'rest of the world' including the whole of the Asian speaking areas. Why do you use the term 'Simple' please? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_...characters ) The comment referring to XBMC and what 'they use it', is way too simple, and in this respect, referring to 'simple' is a too simple approach. Why is it that the 'western' world is able to judge on eastern cultural aspects? How come one indicates the importance, and I get an answer like' XBMC is saying...'. Too cheap, too stupid, shows of absolutely no thinking of the author of the comment. Again, change the page title or be tagged ans an ignorant nitwit forever. Going back to the core of the reply, XBMC uses... Is that your comment for realHuh or did you at least took my comment seriously and investigate yourself ( and I mean really investigate, for Google will show you a zillion articles, before copying the easy way?

I understand the easy way of doing things, I don't understand the easy adoption of 'someone said....' I suggest you find out for yourself before before choosing the unfunded easy way...

I suggest that we can discuss this with 1.5 billion Chinese if you want to know the real essence.... [pooh]
French translation done
I thought French was banned from Transparency Wink
Shalashaska Wrote:I thought French was banned from Transparency Wink

not yet, but it was the main reason for me to move everything to the wiki,
so you can change things around as often as you like without bothering me with discussions on whether it should be 'le' 'la' or 'les' ;-P
jpf55 Wrote:French translation done

cheers!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! Translations2