Plex and LG TV partnership?
Has anyone read THIS? I think that's great for them, but why is it that the people over at Plex don't mention at all that their software started from XBMC? It would be nice if they gave it a little recognition since they wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for XBMC.
The part LG got is not based on XBMC. LG basically bought support for the Plex media server, which has been closed source from day one....

There is a video of in action over on avforums on an LG set it appears to lack the GPU accelerated GUI that XBMC/Plex have though it's still much better than the rubbish GUI's built into most TV media players.
Plex can just go to hell. Atleast Boxee sponsors XBMC, Plex gives nothing back and is a leech in our community.
PainToad Wrote:Plex can just go to hell. Atleast Boxee sponsors XBMC, Plex gives nothing back and is a leech in our community.

Easy - they're not bad people, just philosophical differences.

Elan helped get XBMC for MacOS started.

The differences are frustrating, but that's why they forked.

-Wes
Locking this because its been discussed in here as well as other general plex 9 topics http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80157
and i will abuse my rights to get one last point in; waldo they ARE bad guys as long as they keep pissing on the gpl like they do with pms (i have outlined it in the other topic). they forked because i told them that this was unacceptable. and now they are doing it again, this time even earning money while doing it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex and LG TV partnership?0