zotac zboxhd noisy fan and hot ssd:-/
hiSmile

bought a zotac zboxhd-nd01, fitted a corsair 32gb ssd and some ram and everything appeared to be fine.

until i had the unit on for a couple of hours then tried to reboot, it kept hanging on the zotac logo, and i noticed the fan was running really fast and the case felt hot.

so i opened up the cover and the ssd is pretty hot, so hot i'm wondering if this is whats making the fan so noisy, and making it hang on the boot logo.

i had it set up on the vertical stand provided, i've now got it laid flat with the case open and its all cooled right down.

is this normal? as i'd read up on the zotac before i purchased it and from what i gathered they're meant to be pretty quiet.
if you used the search function, we have a thread about the zotac box. if i remember correctly, the issues you are having were already addressed in a BIOS update.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
thanks for the help, i did use the search function but couldn't find it.

CheersSmile

edit: are you talking about this thread here? as i've just gone through it again and can't find anything on my issues?

just searched for the 3rd time and still nothingUndecided

beginning to think its a hardware issue anyway.
well, there were early reports from zbox users that in the beginning some boxes had thermal issues, probably yours is one of them. just get in contact with zotac and have the serial number at hand, they'll help.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
great i'll send them an email thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
zotac zboxhd noisy fan and hot ssd:-/0