It can be a daunting nightmare for a first time XBMC user today?
MrCrispy Wrote:OP have you tried using some of the other htpc frontends? You will quickly see they can be a LOT harder to setup and configure, esp when it comes to adding all your media and metadata!

I have only used WMC with Media Browser.

My point though from my OP, was really that what many people post on this forum, are problems. The ones that had a great experience generally keep quiet. I just needed reassuring that in going with XBMC Live, that for the majority of people installing and configuration is pretty straight forward.

I have actually just ordered my HTPC:
Apex MI-008 MINI-ITX Case Glossy Black
Intel Core i3 540
OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB
Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Mini ITX
OCZ 4GB DDR3 2X2GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666

I had decided to install W7 with XBMC on top, mainly because my wife is most familiar with W7 (happy life!), but partly because I have not had much luck in the past with Linux software. My next PC will be XBMC Live.

I am really looking forward to living with XBMC.
fishypops Wrote:mainly because my wife is most familiar with W7 (happy life!), but partly because I have not had much luck in the past with Linux software. My next PC will be XBMC Live.

My wife has no idea if its Linux or windows. She pushes a button on the remote and the TV displays what she selected. If you are setting up an HTPC then there should be no interface with the OS other then the HTPC GUI (XBMC).

She never gets a chance to see anything but XBMC, She pushes the power button and 19 seconds later it boots right into it ready to play a movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It can be a daunting nightmare for a first time XBMC user today?0