x10 NSTINCT Remote and XBMC?
Hey guys,

I've got everything set up on my system except for the X10 Nstinctremote (using my phone to control it right now, which I'd like to, as I previously mentioned, have one remote to rule them all)...it controls everything but my XBMC right now, and I'd really like it to input into my computer in general. I have the USB-UIRT IR receiver/blaster as you can read below in my stats...I just want to configure the Nstinct to run all my gear...if anyone's an especially good hacker, and thinks they can mod the instinct to throw up more than just basic channel icons on its LCD, I'd almost happily jump in for the cost of them getting an Nstinct to play with to get the process started.

BTW, so far the X10 NStinct has proven to be pretty sweet, although I've had some minor issues with DVR controls with the new FIOS HD DVR I have...other than my HTPC, it's running all my electronics, to include my tv backlighting and my living room overhead lights (with x10 modules of course).

One last thing...is there any way to hack my stock xbox 360 controller to work directly through usb uirt without buying the stupid microsoft dongle? it's not the one that was marked as a pc compatible...
Silverstone Case with Windows 7 HTPC(considering Ubuntu) with Biostar TA790GX A3+ w/ Quad-core Phenom 2 processor, 8GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaw RAM, Zotac nvidia gt430 gpu w/hdmi 1.4a, Pioneer BD-S02 Bluray Combo drive, Mygica HD Thriller ATSC/NTSC Clear QAM Hybrid PCI PVR card, USB-UIRT, Onkyo HT-S9300THX 7.1 System, 50" Panasonic Viera 3DTV (TC-P50GT25), Verizon Fios with Motorola HD DVR, XBOX 360 w/ Kinect, Panasonic DMP-BDT100 FullHD 3D Bluray Player, X10 NStinct Remote
btw, I was just reading through the manual for the Nstinct, and it supports learning functions...what would be the best remote for it to emulate in order to run xbmc, and how should I interface? I have installed girder and eventghost, but don't have much experience with either...figure I could get one of the xml files for a media center remote or similar, input that, and just go with those settings for learning on the Nstinct...
Silverstone Case with Windows 7 HTPC(considering Ubuntu) with Biostar TA790GX A3+ w/ Quad-core Phenom 2 processor, 8GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaw RAM, Zotac nvidia gt430 gpu w/hdmi 1.4a, Pioneer BD-S02 Bluray Combo drive, Mygica HD Thriller ATSC/NTSC Clear QAM Hybrid PCI PVR card, USB-UIRT, Onkyo HT-S9300THX 7.1 System, 50" Panasonic Viera 3DTV (TC-P50GT25), Verizon Fios with Motorola HD DVR, XBOX 360 w/ Kinect, Panasonic DMP-BDT100 FullHD 3D Bluray Player, X10 NStinct Remote
bumpSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
x10 NSTINCT Remote and XBMC?0