Buffer size
Can anyone tell me if the video buffer is larger in the OSX version, from that of the Apple TV version ?

I dont have any problem with OSX XBMC, but Apple TV is buffering and stuttering on all videos. This has come to light after I updated my nas with a new firmware that has degraded its file transfer rate - thus my question

Regards

Ump..
Just for information, I have the exact same problem on beta 3 and 4 with crystal HD. (ATV OSX / bcm 70012)

When I play any 720 MKV files I get very bad stuttering and buffering from the point I press play.

However, rolling back to beta 2 each time has stopped this and all videos are near perfect.

Whilst I suspected my network (hardwired to Western Digital My Book World 1TB) the fact it works perfect on beta 2 makes me think otherwise.

Mick

edit - as i think maybe my problem is slightly different I have started another thread for mine you may want to watch http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post636927
I know they don't support Xbox - XBMC but it also affects that now - which is never did before I'll do more testing, but this happened immediately after the firmware update, was the same after I put in WD patch to fix it Sad

This nas cost 800 quid - i'm in tears Sad
I have just done some tests,

Background Equipment :-
2 Mac mini's intel 2.26Ghz
1 Apple TV with Boxee and xbmc
1 Xbox
1 WD Sharespace 8TB
2x WD Mybook World Edition White light Hacked with feature packs
Gigabit Network - cat5e cable
Airport extreme routher 2.5 & 5 Ghz duel band.

After the firmware update - only the Mac minis under xbmc dharma beta 4 and the apple TV running Boxee seem to be OK.

My original xbox running XBMC (ALL VERSIONS) now buffer and dont work properly, all (ALL VERSIONS) of XBMC for Apple TV now fail to run propperly.

If I move the same divx movie file to any of the WD Mybook world's then all equipment run fine all at the same time even with no buffering.

My conclusion is that the firmware on my ShareSpace nas is at fault, however the apple TV boxee software and perhaps the OSX version of XBMC have a slightly larger video buffer - hance are not affected by my ShareSpaces' reduction in file transfer speed.

Any thoughts - anyone ?

regards

Ump..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffer size0